Bush Drops Close To 20% In Polls

Incredibly, you haven't hit on either one of them.

Bush's drop in the polls is a result of his controversial immigration proposal and the revelation of cost overruns on the recently passed Medicare bill, both of which have his conservative base incensed at the moment.

You have very narrow understanding of American politics.

Just an observation. ;)

Out of sight, out of mind may sound a bit trite but its a factor here. The Media is 100 percent focused on the Democratic Primaries and candidates and is having a field day repeating every attack upon President Bush. All the negative press has to have an effect and you see it in the Polls.

In a month or two, when there is a Democratic candidate (and perhaps a Dean splinter party), President Bush will begin to respond and the Media will have to report it and you will again see a major swing in Poll results.

It's early on, the debate has not been joined and the contest has not begun; take no comfort from the polls now nor should you conclude they have any meaning other than what is this weeks favorite flavor!

The Bush Administration has angered the silent Majority with their acts of misconduct. People know when their rights have been violated.The Constitution is the highest law of the country. This Administration has manipulated the Constitution to fit their crimes. The Majority of people know these crimes have been committed and they are angry about it. No one person is above the Law in this country,the Constitution is the highest law in this country. Anyone tampering with it is guilty of High Crimes.

The Bush Administration has angered the silent Majority with their acts of misconduct. People know when their rights  have been violated.The Constitution is the highest law of the country. This Administration has manipulated the Constitution to fit their crimes. The Majority of people know these crimes have been committed and they are angry about it. No one person is above the Law in this country,the Constitution is the highest law in this country. Anyone tampering with it is guilty of High Crimes.

The Michael Moore Rant Room is down the hall, to the left.

This here is the Maple Leaf Political Discussion Forum.

No matter who the Democrats run against Bush, the Dems will win.

Another rash prediction. Didn't you also predict Brenda Stronach will win on the first ballot ?

The age that we live in is LESS predictable than in the past, I think.

I recommend the "wait and see approach". There are many milestones to pass before the campaigns can be assessed. There's a lot of hype right now, but not a lot of news.

Listen I'm no Michael Moore. When the government locks up citizens and denies them their day in court. They are violating the very basis of the Constitution,which states no person shall be denied freedom,liberty and ect. without due process. The very fabric of this country is being violated by this Administration. They are guilty of High Crimes,the Constitution is the law of the land. Anyone tampering with it is guilty of Malfeasance and High Crimes. I'm not a member of any political party,just want equal justice for everyone. At least for citizens of this country anyway. You or I could be next.

Well, TP, instead of throwing around some rather serious allegations, why don't you identify the "citizens" of whom you speak?

Two come to mind that fit that category but please identify those you have in mind. First, I remember one, captured abroad as a combatant (Saudi, I believe) who revealed he had been born in America but left as an infant. The other who comes to mind is Padilla, taken into custody upon landing in Chicago on an International flight.

If these are the types of people to whom you refer and upon which you base your allegations, I think you are far off base. Your statements presume that "Terrorists" and "Armed Combatants" are Criminals entitled to be prosecuted under the American Criminal Justice System. I respectfully disagree. "Acts of War" differ from "Criminal Acts". In fact and in law.

To further complicate the legal situation, Mr. Padilla was taken into custody at Immigration. It is settled Law (but little known) that until you pass Immigration and are "Admitted" in the U.S., you are in a legal "Limbo" and are not "in" the U.S.; the Bill of Rights does not apply, you can be strip searched, forced to submit to intrusive medical procedures and, in brief, subjected to a variety of treatment which would be clearly "Unconstitutional" were it to occur "in" America. This is a gray area in Constitutional Law and legal experts have debated these issues for many years. There are few hard and fast answers and the latest precedents date from WW II - some fifty years ago.

I'm proud to be an American "Eagle" (which some define as a Hawk who carries a gun) and I suggest that while it is appropriate to be vigilant of our constitutional freedoms, it is a vast leap to presume that terrorists and terrorism are a "Criminal" matter which must be handled until our Criminal Justice System.

They are violating the very basis of the Constitution,which states no person shall be denied freedom,liberty and ect. without due process. The very fabric of this country is being violated by this Administration. They are guilty of High Crimes

So, where are you getting this crap from, huh? Moveon.org, or maybe you've been listening to Tim Robbins run off at the mouth again? Or maybe you even heard such garbage from Algore.

It's really impressive to hear you throw around legal terms of which you clearly know nothing about. Have you even heard talk of Impeachment, I haven't. So, instead of trying to blow us all away with your extensive knowledge of constitutional law, lets see some evidence of those High Crimes you speak of.

As Krusty posted earlier, this is not a rant forum, this is a political discussion forum where adults present evidence to support their arguments. So, make your case for your lame accusations or move along.

Regarding the Patriot Act, of which like too many people you're probably seriously disinformed, the Senate Judiciary Committee oversees the implimentation of the Patriot Act in order to ensure that the Constitutional rights of American citizens are preserved. Since the law was passed in the months following Sept. 11, the Senate committee has received not a single complaint regarding misuse of the Patriot Act. To date, the committee testifies that there has been NO abuse of the Patriot Act on behalf of the Justice Department. Simply put, this law grants tools to combat terrorism that are already attributed to organized crime and counter-narco operations. This is just Democrats and left-wing nuts crying "bloody murder" for purely political purposes.

Regarding Guantánamo, there are no American citizens being held there. All of the imates at Gitmo are enemy combatants that were picked up off a foreign battlefield. They have no rights to access the US legal system. This brings me to John Walker, who like those at Gitmo, was picked up on a foriegn battle field yet as an American citizen was tried and convicted in the American Justice system, which is more than he deserves. The same goes for Richard Reed, and Padilla.

You or I could be next.

Have your rights been violated? Do you know anyone whose rights have been violated? Have you heard of anyone's rights being violated?

That's what I thought. Just calm down, and take a deep breath.