From the Light amongst Nations

Orthodox Jewish Youth burn New Testaments in Israel

After receiving complaints, Aharon said, he got into a loudspeaker car last Thursday and drove through the neighborhood, urging people to turn over the material to Jewish religious students who went door to door to collect it.

The books were dumped into a pile and set afire in a lot near a synagogue, he said.

Gee... that reminds me of something... wait though there is more intolerance reminiscent of the same thing here:

Rabbi says deaf 'ineligible for conversion'

Anyone inflicted with a severe hearing and speech impediment cannot undergo Jewish conversion. This harsh statement was recently made by Rabbi Avraham Sherman of the Chief Rabbinical Court, in a ruling now made public.

Gosh, I recall others in the past who looked down upon the deaf and mute.

Anyway, as these two recent events show, all is not sunny and tolerant in Israel these days. Who'd of thought that the extremists there would resemble so closely the extremists of the past. I guess they have truly become what they hate. Mirror image.

Very sad.

:(

Buffy, why do you hate Jews?

I don't 'hate' any group in particular. I certainly don't like extremists of any form though.

Care to comment on the articles posted - or will you simply do as you always do and attempt character assassination with unfounded statements like the one above?

BTW - kinda hard to hate parts of one's own heritage - ohh wait - according to Rue that must make me a 'self-hating' 'anti-semite'!!

LMFAO.

Now, whitedoors - sadly I don't 'hate'. I feel sad that these folks allow themselves to hate so much. I also feel, that a good friend doesn't let another drive drunk - they tell them when they are behaving badly - they don't just offer platitudes and tell the drunk that all is fine.

If I am critical of Canada's government am I 'anti-canadian'? If I am critical of what certain Muslim radical clerics spout out about am I 'anti-mulsim'? If I am critical of the Catholic Church am I 'anti-Catholic'?

Silly boy.

no, say it isn't so!

some jewish people acting as intolerant as some others do in the world.

say it isn't so?

how could that be?

burning new testaments?

couldn't they just throw them out, or recycle them?

why go through all the symbolism associated with the burning of books, other then to send a clear message.

we don't want your stinkin' new testaments!

deaf people can't convert to judaism!

one has just gotta love the 'tolerance' that goes hand in hand with religion, lol!

but, wait, this isn't Islam?

OMG!!!!!

I don't 'hate' any group in particular. I certainly don't like extremists of any form though.

So when can we expect an article or post about other extremists other than those in the form of Israelis...

Care to comment on the articles posted - or will you simply do as you always do and attempt character assassination with unfounded statements like the one above?

BTW - kinda hard to hate parts of one's own heritage - ohh wait - according to Rue that must make me a 'self-hating' 'anti-semite'!!

LMFAO.

Now, whitedoors - sadly I don't 'hate'. I feel sad that these folks allow themselves to hate so much. I also feel, that a good friend doesn't let another drive drunk - they tell them when they are behaving badly - they don't just offer platitudes and tell the drunk that all is fine.

If I am critical of Canada's government am I 'anti-canadian'? If I am critical of what certain Muslim radical clerics spout out about am I 'anti-mulsim'? If I am critical of the Catholic Church am I 'anti-Catholic'?

Silly boy.

But the only people you criticize for 'hate' are the jews and the bush administration - why is that?

And what makes you think I'm a boy?

are you sexist as well as racist?

thank you

So when can we expect an article or post about other extremists other than those in the form of Israelis...

is there, or has there been some shortage of posts about other extremists on this forum?

Are you the standard bearer on what can be posted?

And, are posts on only acceptable ( as you deem so) extremists allowed, oh great standard bearer?

I will assume, quite safely, that any forms of intolerance committed by followers of Islam, including, the burning or destruction of other religions literature will now be a non topic, since it is unworthy of criticism when conducted by orthodox Jews, it must be equally as unworthy of criticism if done by a Muslim.

I am good with that !

Secondly, in light of the discrimination and intolerance against deaf people by the religion of Judaism, being an acceptable act, unworthy of criticism, hence forth, any discrimination or intolerance by followers of Islam, shall be unworthy of criticism also.

I am good with that also!

That should cut the posts on this forum down to half of what they are, no?

is there, or has there been some shortage of posts about other extremists on this forum?

Are you the standard bearer on what can be posted?

And, are posts on only acceptable ( as you deem so) extremists allowed, oh great standard bearer?

Actually i thought it was a reasonable question ? She has said that she dislikes all extremists, although hard to tell by her posts...

Perhaps your Bullshit detector is broken, if you need some help detecting BS i'd be glad to give you a hand....

But the great standard bearer does have a nice ring to it.....

The simple point being made is buffy will not start threads on extremists unless they are Jewish, therefore the calls of anti-semite are accurate. I would add that buffy also defends other anti-semite activity around the world and attempts to bait known Jewish posters.

I will assume, quite safely, that any forms of intolerance committed by followers of Islam, including, the burning or destruction of other religions literature will now be a non topic, since it is unworthy of criticism when conducted by orthodox Jews, it must be equally as unworthy of criticism if done by a Muslim.

I am good with that !

Secondly, in light of the discrimination and intolerance against deaf people by the religion of Judaism, being an acceptable act, unworthy of criticism, hence forth, any discrimination or intolerance by followers of Islam, shall be unworthy of criticism also.

I am good with that also!

That should cut the posts on this forum down to half of what they are, no?

This is an apples and oranges situation since the growth of Orthodox Jewish fundamentalism and dangerous subgroups like the Temple Movement are a threat to Israelis and Israeli democracy. The only possible threat that will draw in the rest of the world is if the Temple Movement followers actually try to blow up the Dome of the Rock Mosque, so that they can build that third Jewish temple in Jerusalem and restart the program of sacrificing goats and sheep etc.!

It's easy to see a scenario where they could start WWIII, but even here, they would not be a major threat if it wasn't for the support they get from Christian Zionists in America. I can't find the link now, but believe it or not there are Christian Zionist farmers in America who are trying to breed a perfect red heifer that will be needed for the rebuilding of the Temple and be the first sacrifice! I wish I was making this up, but sometimes crazy apocalytic believers of different religions can feed off each other!

Anyway, if the point of your irony is that fear of Muslims has been overplayed for mischievous intent, you are absolutely right; but that doesn't mean we in the West have no reasons to fear Islam, as most of the Left would like us to believe! Islam is a religion that controls more than the religious life in the countries where it is the predominant faith; it comes with an exhaustive set of laws and codes that can't be harmonized with modern civil law, and it demands governing authorities adhere to the religious authorities for guidance.

Can Muslims live in harmony with Western secular societies? Not yet apparently, if you examine the Western European nations that have significant Muslim minority populations. Even here in Canada and the United States, where everything is supposed to be working out harmoniously, you can't ignore the fact that most Muslim minorities isolate themselves as much as possible by creating their own institutions to limit their contact with the non-Muslim majority. This isn't totally unique; many fundamentalist religions build walls around their communities, but until a real acceptance of secular government and secular law occurs, there could be problems.

Actually i thought it was a reasonable question ? She has said that she dislikes all extremists, although hard to tell by her posts...

Perhaps your Bullshit detector is broken, if you need some help detecting BS i'd be glad to give you a hand....

But the great standard bearer does have a nice ring to it.....

my bullshit detector works fine, which is why I called you on it.

you can't ignore the fact that most Muslim minorities isolate themselves as much as possible by creating their own institutions to limit their contact with the non-Muslim majority.

why oh why do people post this crap?

all immigrant minorities tend to isolate themselves, when they first immigrate.

run along and read some history, and you will see that is true.

I will speak even from my own city, and many other city which ALWAYS features pockets or clusters of immigrants from the same country.

IN my own small city, there is a part that is "frenchtown" where the quebecois resided.

Their is a french language church in that section.

Then there is another section, historically dominated by the Italians, Hungarians and Polish, and their respective churches still dot the landscape, and OMG they say mass in foreign languages!!!!!!!

You are making much ado about something that has always gone on and always will go on.

All these groups of people did the same thing, and to some extent still do.

You see Italians attend the Italian masses and Polish people go to the polish masses, etc., etc., to this very day.

OMG!!!!!

what a flipping outrage. hurry, monger some fear. :rolleyes:

Ding Ding!

Wholy crap, this forum is chock full of stuff like that. Muslims, Catholics, Christians, Bhuddists, Jews, Iraqis, Americans, Canadians, Europeaons, Ethiopians, blah blah blah.

There is lots of hate on this board for all sorts of peoples.

The biggest groups that are talked about here are Muslims and Jews (christians and catholics get a secondary nod). People made a huge stink when that US soldier used the Qu'ran for target practice. So to single out the Jews is shortsightedness.

And to get my story straight right now, cause I know some of you will bastardize what people say... I am anti-organized-religion. I don't mind religion, but that should be a personal thing.

What most people do for their religion is noble. But you have certain people in high ranking places within the organized religion that will dictate policy of all the followers (I call them sheep). Most people will not confront their democraticly elected government officials, so I don't see anyone calling out a Rabbi, or a Pastor or a Preist anytime soon. Unless molestation of little boys is on the table, not many will complain.

What a world this would be without organized religion.

Kuzzad

all immigrant minorities tend to isolate themselves, when they first immigrate.

Indeed, when my Oma and Opa came over just after WWII, they found a good german community in Sudbury in which they could feel comfortable. My Oma was quickly learning English during that time. That opened doors for her and the better life they wanted for my parents and grandkids. This is the only way they will assimilate into the local culture. If they just get slammed into it, you may find more people being isolationists than what you see now. I am proud of my German heritage and proud to carry on some of those traditions in my life now as a Canadian. Just try to take my sauerkraut ;)

If I was to move to another country where english is not the major language, then it would be easier for me to find english speaking people to help me out with learning the language of the country. Or at least learn what you can before you get there. This is all a matter of being prepared and expecting anything. If one is not prepared or willing to compromise, then you have conflict.

your Oma and Opa did so, because for new immigrants ,migrating to a totally different country, different customs, different language, different culture , different food, possibly even vastly different weather, it gives them a sense of security and community, people they can still talk with comfortably, particularily until their language, social and cultural skills improve.

Not only did many of the immigrants I already mentioned, have their own churches, with masses said in their own languages, they created their own clubs, where they further socialized amongst themselves.

I can recall attending, an annual get-together for all the Italians, whose home town was the same as my Fathers, an Italian hall, at an Italian church , full of Italians, all from the same home town in Italy.

There was Italian music, Italian card games, and best of all home-made Italian food!!!!!!

I beleive gosthacked that the German people did the same thing, locally there is a German Club, established to preserve their own traditions.

The lack of understanding demonstrated by too many, for people who make what is a difficult choice, in search of the dream of a better life. Often immigrants feel isolated, miss their families etc., They have left everything behind they know, to come to another country, where they are often greeted by hostility, xenophobia, intolerance and sometimes out and out hatred.

This type of intolerance will only breed animosity.

It leaves one wondering where the problem actually lies??

I am not singling out buffycat for racism gosthacked. There are probably alot of racists here, I don't know.

I do know simply by reading their posts that kuzadd and buffycat are both anti-israeli at the very least and most likely racist against jews as a people.

I can tell simply by looking at their posts and the consitency of their condemnations. They condemn the US and Israel. Never Islam.

Can you find me where they condemn Islam? nah, didn't think so. Do you ever ask your self ehy? What is their motvation? They are far, far left on the lunatic fringe. They both believe 9/11 was a government conspiracy, but don't have the courage to admit that they think that Israel was involved too.

What else can one conclude?

I am not singling out buffycat for racism gosthacked. There are probably alot of racists here, I don't know.

I do know simply by reading their posts that kuzadd and buffycat are both anti-israeli at the very least and most likely racist against jews as a people.

I can tell simply by looking at their posts and the consitency of their condemnations. They condemn the US and Israel. Never Islam.

Can you find me where they condemn Islam? nah, didn't think so. Do you ever ask your self ehy? What is their motvation? They are far, far left on the lunatic fringe. They both believe 9/11 was a government conspiracy, but don't have the courage to admit that they think that Israel was involved too.

cry wolf:

Your not singling out buffy, but then hey you do anyway, whatever?

You express disappointment that Buffy and I do not "condemn Islam"

You say "Can you find me where they condemn Islam"

Well why should anyone condemn Islam as a whole?

Let alone B or myself?

What exactly is 'Islam' to you?

Is "Islam" a living entity, is it a country,is it a religion, what is it, to you , that it should garner blanket condemnation?

Why do you condemn "Islam"? Is it omnipotent? Is it a monolith?

Or is the reality, in that assigning a blanket condemnation to "Islam" you yourself are the biggot and the hater??

Really what can anyone else conclude????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by kuzadd

On top of that you can add that when confronted with these charges they both "protest too loudly" to be innocent.

On top of that you can add that when confronted with these charges they both "protest too loudly" to be innocent.

Do you completely and fully condemn "Islam" also?

btw: I am not noticing much loud protestations, perhaps you are delusional and hallucinatory, all at once?

Just questions being asked, so I'll ask again???

Do you offer a blanket condemnation of Islam also?

crywolf II

LOL Kuzadd - doncha know that White doors (who knows what sex he/she/it is) or Sharkman is NOT even worth responding to??

Oh, of course they love to throw around the accusations of being a .... wait for it...

ANTI-SEMITE JEW HATING SELF HATING BIGOT :blink:

But that's only because neither of them can refute the facts.

I wouldn't bother wasting time on either of them.

For those who seem to think I only bash Israel on this forum and I should start bashing the Muslim and Christian fanatics too - well all I have to say there is that this forum is quite full of hatred for these other two monotheistic farces, so I will let others do that. Also, I would like to point out that NOWHERE do I bash Jews. I certainly criticise Israel's policies wrt the Occupied Palestinian Territories, as well as Israel's foreign policies wrt ALL her neighbours - but I have NEVER singled out Judaism as the culprit - just the warmongering chickenhawks who run the damn place!

But of course - this ability to differentiate between a people and their government/religion is lost on most here!! ;)

So, I will continue to post Israeli press items here, which would never see the light of day in our so-called Free Press...

and if certain posters here want to whine - then I'll simply pass them the cheese!