Bush and Afghanistan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GW, the Taliban are not terrorist they are a tribe,.....

Could you possibly stop posting senseless nonsence?

They are not a tribe by any definition, they are insurgents, they are apolitical movement and they are murdrous terrorists who should be exterminated.

Today, I heard Bush saying that the west must not leave Afghanistan until the terrorist to wiped out. GW, the Taliban are not terrorist they are a tribe, one of many that are fighting in their own country they you invaded before they could hand over OBL.

Right....I guess the innocent Taliban tribe includes insurgents from Chechnya, and Chechnya is part of A-Stan?

Ditto Uzbekistan?

If a tribe, then "their own country" doesn't even make any sense.

Keep up the good work 'Dubya!

a. The terrorists Bush wants are mostly in Pakistan, not Afghanistan

b. None of the terrorists who attacked the U.S. on 9/11 were members of the Taliban, nor were any of them Afghani's.

a) Given the terrorist attacks in afghanistan, that is demonstrabably false

B) The Taliban with full knowledge of Al qAeda allowed aided an abetted Al Qaeda. They might as well flew with them.

B) The Taliban with full knowledge of Al qAeda allowed aided an abetted Al Qaeda. They might as well flew with them.

Amazing that some folks seem to forget who the Taliban are.

:blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban

----------------------------------------------

Dr Nick Riviera: Hey, everybody!

Crowd: Hi, Dr Nick!

---The Simpsons

While in power, the Taliban implemented the "strictest interpretation of Sharia law ever seen in the Muslim world,"[6] and became notorious internationally for their alleged treatment of women.[7] Women were forced to wear the burqa in public.[8] They were allowed neither to work nor to be educated after the age of eight,[7] and until then were permitted only to study the Qur'an.[7] Women seeking an education were forced to attend underground schools, where they and their teachers risked execution if caught.[7] They were not allowed to be treated by male doctors unless accompanied by a male family member or husband chaperone, which led to illnesses remaining untreated. They faced public flogging in the street,[9] and both men and women faced public execution for violations of the Taliban's laws.

The Taliban is clearly an organism that would have gone extinct all on its own if left to its own devices. Now that its under pressure to adapt and evolve, it will.

I doubt most of Al-Qaeda are in Afghanistan rather than Pakistan.

What i am merely saying is that technically, under the U.S's own definiton, the Taliban are not a terrorist organization. The Taliban are not on the US gov'ts "current list of designated foreign terrorist organizations". http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/fs/37191.htm

Of course that doesn't mean they aren't a giant group of radical monkeys who violate human rights & international law, & do aid and harbour terrorists. I'm just responding to the user who created this thread.

The Taliban is clearly an organism that would have gone extinct all on its own if left to its own devices. Now that its under pressure to adapt and evolve, it will.

I'm not sure we were willing to wait for the second half of the millenium.

I doubt most of Al-Qaeda are in Afghanistan rather than Pakistan.

What i am merely saying is that technically, under the U.S's own definiton, the Taliban are not a terrorist organization. The Taliban are not on the US gov'ts "current list of designated foreign terrorist organizations". http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/fs/37191.htm

Of course that doesn't mean they aren't a giant group of radical monkeys who violate human rights & international law, & do aid and harbour terrorists. I'm just responding to the user who created this thread.

I agree with you and I didn't say the Taliban aren't without fault as other countries in the Middle-East. Just look how many other countries in this area are committing Human Rights violation that WE in the west are against. We went into Afghanistan because of OBL and now OBL isn't there so why is the US so hell-bent to destroy this country and kill civilians like Iraq.

We went into Afghanistan because of OBL and now OBL isn't there so why is the US so hell-bent to destroy this country and kill civilians like Iraq.

If you have bothered to listen to the news instead of what ever it is you listen to you would know that the US and the coalition including Canada is rebuilding Afghanistan despite the best efforts of the Taleban to blow it up again. And for the record the Taleban have killed far more civilains in Afghansitan than the forces trying to elimante the taleban. Mainly becasue the Taleban target civilians while we target the taleban.

I agree with you and I didn't say the Taliban aren't without fault as other countries in the Middle-East. Just look how many other countries in this area are committing Human Rights violation that WE in the west are against.

That's just part of the sales job. Hell, there are "human rights violations" in Canada and the USA according to the "official" scorekeepers. If the Taliban had just stuck to garden variety domestic brutalities, vandalizing statues, and polyester burkas we wouldn't even be talking about them.

We went into Afghanistan because of OBL and now OBL isn't there so why is the US so hell-bent to destroy this country and kill civilians like Iraq.

Because leaving Afghanistan to its own devices after intervention has proven to be problematic in the past.

Because the Taliban is the regime that pseudo-ruled Afghanistan & that allowed santuary for Al-Qaeda. NATO is fighting there now because it doesn't want the Taliban to return to power, and as a consequence allow sanctuary for more terrorists to plot against the West.

If NATO left now the Taliban would probably assume control of the Afghan gov't again, and the Al-Qaeda hiding in Pakistan would most likely return to the country.

Here's a short YouTube video taken in the Pashtun border region of the world's largest gun market. This region is Afghanistan's version of the Ho Chi Mihn Trail. We won't 'win' in Afghanistan until this is also dealt with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9xf62PKC5M

-----------------------------------

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.

---President George W. Bush

Today, I heard Bush saying that the west must not leave Afghanistan until the terrorist to wiped out. GW, the Taliban are not terrorist they are a tribe, one of many that are fighting in their own country they you invaded before they could hand over OBL.

A tribe????? Afghanistan has been in the news big time for 7 years and you don't even know what the Taliban is? You can't be that out of touch. Are communists a tribe? Toronto Maple Leaf Fans a tribe?

The Taliban is an Islamic movemnet. A school or ideology. The Taliban is made up of members of many tribes or ethnic groups. You could go to Pakistan and become a Taliban.

Taliban = 'Young Students' or 'Students'

Not a tribe.

------------------------

-Banished women from the work force.

-Closed schools to girls in cities and expelled women from universities.

-Prohibited women from leaving their homes unless accompanied by a close male relative.

-Ordered the publicly visible windows of women's houses painted black and forced women to wear the burqa (or chadari) - which completely shrouds the body, leaving only a small mesh-covered opening through which to see.

-Prohibited women and girls from being examined by male physicians while at the same time, prohibited most female doctors and nurses from working. (Currently there are a few, selected female doctors allowed to operate in segregated wards.)

---Taliban Gender Apartheid

Little do people know that Sharia Law is the law of the land in Afghanistan. Same laws based on the Quran that the Taleban used. So nothing has really changed. So the backwards ways of the Taleban are still used by the new government. It might not be as oppresive, but Sharia Law/Islamic Law which facilitates muslim extreemism/fundamentalists still governs how law is done in Afghanistan.

Yay Freedom to do exactly what they have always been doing. Nothing has changed.

So why are we there??

OBL? Al-Queda?

The first stop for this new US World Terror Tour should have been Saudi Arabia. You know, since most of the hijackers were Saudis and some Pakistanis. None where Iraqi, or Afghan. OBL is origionaly from Saudi Arabia .. yeah I know it is no use pointing this out. No one wants to listen.

The first stop for this new US World Terror Tour should have been Saudi Arabia. You know, since most of the hijackers were Saudis and some Pakistanis. None where Iraqi, or Afghan. OBL is origionaly from Saudi Arabia .. yeah I know it is no use pointing this out. No one wants to listen.

Maybe the allies in the second world war should have invaded Germany first and left France and the low countries alone...

Maybe it is because you are wrong. See truck bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993 and one Mr. Abdul Rahman Yasin.

Guest American Woman
QUOTE=GostHacked @ Apr 4 2008, 10:04 AM: The first stop for this new US World Terror Tour should have been Saudi Arabia. You know, since most of the hijackers were Saudis and some Pakistanis. None where Iraqi, or Afghan. OBL is origionaly from Saudi Arabia .. yeah I know it is no use pointing this out. No one wants to listen.

Maybe it is because you are wrong. See truck bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993 and one Mr. Abdul Rahman Yasin.

Abdul Rahman Yasin wasn't a highjacker. Ghosthacked clearly said "most of the hijackers." Furthermore, he was an American.

Edited by American Woman

Here's a short YouTube video taken in the Pashtun border region of the world's largest gun market. This region is Afghanistan's version of the Ho Chi Mihn Trail. We won't 'win' in Afghanistan until this is also dealt with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9xf62PKC5M

-----------------------------------

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.

---President George W. Bush

This can't be dealt with, I doubt if nukes would even work. Whatever else the Taliban are they're surely amongst the toughest humans on the planet. They remind me of the Fremen from the desert planet Arrakis in the novel Dune. The only people I can imagine that might have a chance against the Taliban are the Vietnamese. That said, if these two ever did meet on a battlefield they'd likely greet each other the way the Irish and Scottish did in Braveheart.

The west doesn't have a chance.

Edited by eyeball

Abdul Rahman Yasin wasn't a highjacker. Ghosthacked clearly said "most of the hijackers." Furthermore, he was an American.

So was Timothy McVeigh.....how about this: Saddam Hussein was definitely an Iraqi.....so we bombed him...again and again. America's trouble with tribbles began long before 9/11/2001.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman
So was Timothy McVeigh.....how about this: Saddam Hussein was definitely an Iraqi.....so we bombed him...again and again. America's trouble with tribbles began long before 9/11/2001.

What does that have to do with this statement: quote name='bush_cheney2004' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:41 PM: Maybe it is because you are wrong. See truck bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993 and one Mr. Abdul Rahman Yasin. -- and that fact that you were the one who was wrong? It has absolutely nothing to do with what GostHacked has stated and your incorrect response.

If you have bothered to listen to the news instead of what ever it is you listen to you would know that the US and the coalition including Canada is rebuilding Afghanistan despite the best efforts of the Taleban to blow it up again. And for the record the Taleban have killed far more civilains in Afghansitan than the forces trying to elimante the taleban. Mainly becasue the Taleban target civilians while we target the taleban.

The US never had anything against the Taliban while fighting the Russians and not after that war was over. They never had anything against them months leading up to 9/11, while they were talking oil business with them. The US invaded, didn't find OBL and went on to Iraq after the US put their own guy as president in Afghanistan. There's no proof that their lives are is going to be any better AFTER the west leaves. Just look at the Afghan that they were going to kill because he turn christian and Bush warn off the president not to do it! The US bombs are killing citizens remember? Karzai had the US to stop the bombing which the US is starting to do again. Canada has given over 700 Mil to Afghanistan and Harper has said we are out in 2011. I don't think the job will be done by then, just look at Iraq, still fighting.

Topaz there is absolutly no gain in arguing with some of these people. The Taliban who control Afganistan are bullies and so are certain posters on here. If they had their way Canada and the US would be no different than Afganistan. I see these types all the time in our local councils, their creed is the same as Bush's. If you aren't for us you are against us and if you don't do things our way then we will get you. And sad to say in some of our councils they do exactly that. Women mainly are the targets, the same as the women in Afghanistan.