Happy Anniversary Iraq!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was never a comparison...just a statement of fact. You and AW bit hard on the lure and ran with it as always...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I hope you read the rules of the website, and you should be in the know that trolling is a bannable offence here. This is something you are obviously proud of and do it regularly here. So I would not shed a tear if you happen to go away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7326362.stm

Sadr is still in the picture. And he still controls Basra.

So when violence is down, progress is claimed and the notion is we need to stay to reduce the violence even more.

When violence is up, progress is claimed and the notion is we need to stay to reduce the violence even more.

It's like a pat on the back and a slap in the face at the same time. Such doublespeek.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/04/01/j...ge-doublespeak/

Death toll, who cares, Let's roll.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/04/02/m...s-iraqi-deaths/

Soldiers pain used for political gain.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/04/01/m...ive-soundbiter/

Also there is no real uproar about Turkey invading northern Iraq to wipe out the Kurds. Looks like some more genocide to me since the weapons the US gave Saddam back in the 80's to gas and kill many many Kurds.

....Also there is no real uproar about Turkey invading northern Iraq to wipe out the Kurds. Looks like some more genocide to me since the weapons the US gave Saddam back in the 80's to gas and kill many many Kurds.

Are you threatening me? Ironic, but not unexpected when such a weak argument is presented. Yours is a tough go....because reality bites.

As for the US giving weapons to Saddam, where do you think we get our uranium/DU from? Naplam, Agent Orange/Red/Purple (and other defoliants) "back in the "60's" too. Seems that the gods of fatal commerce for Iraq included Canada (as well as Europe, South Africa, China, etc.)

Oh, the humanity!

Are you threatening me? Ironic, but not unexpected when such a weak argument is presented. Yours is a tough go....because reality bites.

As for the US giving weapons to Saddam, where do you think we get our uranium/DU from? Naplam, Agent Orange/Red/Purple (and other defoliants) "back in the "60's" too. Seems that the gods of fatal commerce for Iraq included Canada (as well as Europe, South Africa, China, etc.)

Oh, the humanity!

No, I do not make threats, just pointing out some basic forum rules when it comes to trolling.

OH and I see you included the Canada in there as well. *yawn*. For your answer you may want to look into a small US company called DOW Chemicles.

http://www.dow.com/commitments/debates/agentorange/index.htm

No, I do not make threats, just pointing out some basic forum rules when it comes to trolling.

OH and I see you included the Canada in there as well. *yawn*. For your answer you may want to look into a small US company called DOW Chemicles.

But I was not trolling.....who died and left you king? Pointing out the acceptable level of misery (homicides) in the USA and many other nations is intended to provoke a different perspective on what Iraq's end state could or should be.

Of course I included Canada....credit well earned over the years. You may want to look into the small matter of "crown corporation".

Why do you sit idle while your nation provides war materials to the evil United States ?

But I was not trolling.....who died and left you king? Pointing out the acceptable level of misery (homicides) in the USA and many other nations is intended to provoke a different perspective on what Iraq's end state could or should be.

Of course I included Canada....credit well earned over the years. You may want to look into the small matter of "crown corporation".

Why do you sit idle while your nation provides war materials to the evil United States ?

Well, you can consider me uneducated in the area of Uranium DU and how it was sold to the US. I did some reading last night. Pretty interesting stuff. For the most part from what I can gather from a few artilces that I read last night, the DU was sold to the US under the notion that it is not to be used for weapons manufacturing.

Ther spent uranium sold to the US is processed in the US to make depleted uranium, then manufactured into weapons.

http://thefilter.ca/articles/indoctrinatio...pleted-uranium/

http://www.carleton.ca/jmc/cnews/19012001/n1.htm

I think this is really important to consider.

Canada exports uranium to the U.S. to be enriched because Canada has no enrichment plants. But Canada has no jurisdiction over how the U.S. uses the depleted uranium left from the enrichment process.
The U.S. doesn't keep track of where their stockpiled depleted uranium originated and Canadian government policy doesn't require them to.

I will do something about it, by telling people of this. But how about you? Since you stand for everything that GWB/US stand for, I doubt you are really concerned about the DU that Canada sold to the US under the agreement that it is not to be used for weapons manufacturing. I doubt you are really concerned that is it contaminating the areas where DU is used in weapond (A-10 Warthog is one plane that uses DU in their rounds). I doubt you are concerned about what DU does and how radioactive it still is.

Also it just so happens that Canada has two of the worlds largest uranium deposits. Geography is a bitch sometimes. But it is no excuse.

Just so we have an idea what DU does to the human body (or any other biological creature on this planet)

http://www.canadaoutofafghanistan.ca/artic...teduranium.html

Only after the pictures do you understand the impact of what has been done with DU. Do any of those babies in those pictures desereve this fate due to western societies (the US and Canada, Europe too) going after the 'bad guys' ???

DU was used in the Balkans.

DU was used in both Gulf Wars against Iraq.

DU was used in Afghanistan.

Ameirca !!! F*ck yeah!

Muslims !!! F*ck them!

Well, you can consider me uneducated in the area of Uranium DU and how it was sold to the US. I did some reading last night. Pretty interesting stuff. For the most part from what I can gather from a few artilces that I read last night, the DU was sold to the US under the notion that it is not to be used for weapons manufacturing.

Good job, but I will still consider you uneducated on the matter.

I think this is really important to consider.

I will do something about it, by telling people of this. But how about you? Since you stand for everything that GWB/US stand for, I doubt you are really concerned about the DU that Canada sold to the US under the agreement that it is not to be used for weapons manufacturing. I doubt you are really concerned that is it contaminating the areas where DU is used in weapond (A-10 Warthog is one plane that uses DU in their rounds). I doubt you are concerned about what DU does and how radioactive it still is.

But I am very concerned, since I helped to manufacture 30mm ammunition for the GAU-8 Avenger gatling gun found on the Thunderbolt II (aka "Warthog"), and 120mm long-rod penetrator sabots for M1A1 tanks. We tried a tungsten-steel substitute from Bristol in Winnipeg, but nothing says "howdy-do" like a depleted uranium round...no-suh!

Anyway, spare me the crocodile tears about any agreement about DU, long known to be a lark. To wit,

Only after the pictures do you understand the impact of what has been done with DU. Do any of those babies in those pictures desereve this fate due to western societies (the US and Canada, Europe too) going after the 'bad guys' ???

DU was used in the Balkans.

DU was used in both Gulf Wars against Iraq.

DU was used in Afghanistan.

Ameirca !!! F*ck yeah!

Muslims !!! F*ck them!

Perhaps you missed the point....if evil America is guilty of arming Saddam with WMD "precursors", what the hell do you think Canada has been doing for over 50 years? The nuclear weapons history for both the UK and USA would not be possible without Canadian uranium.

Good job, but I will still consider you uneducated on the matter.

But I am very concerned, since I helped to manufacture 30mm ammunition for the GAU-8 Avenger gatling gun found on the Thunderbolt II (aka "Warthog"), and 120mm long-rod penetrator sabots for M1A1 tanks. We tried a tungsten-steel substitute from Bristol in Winnipeg, but nothing says "howdy-do" like a depleted uranium round...no-suh!

So you conciously were involved in the weapons manufacturing with DU. If I sell you lumber, and you make arrows out of it. How is Canada (or me for that matter) to blame ? I am guessing you kind of feel guilty about that. Or are you the type that put your signature on every round, like how people put blessings on bombs used in Iraq.

Anyway, spare me the crocodile tears about any agreement about DU, long known to be a lark. To wit,

So you say screw the agreement and produce DU for weapons. Hmmm sounds very hypocritical to me. Eventhough you agreed to it, but never had any intention of adhearing to it. Who failed? I know CANADA .... eh?

Perhaps you missed the point....if evil America is guilty of arming Saddam with WMD "precursors", what the hell do you think Canada has been doing for over 50 years? The nuclear weapons history for both the UK and USA would not be possible without Canadian uranium.

Spare me the rhetoric. I have seen more types of WMDs come out of the US's Military Industrial Complex than most countries combined. The US is the foremost expert on how to kill large amounts of people with many different types of weapons. The Bravery of being out of range.

So in the end we are all guilty, now how do we correct that?

Edited by GostHacked

Guest American Woman
So you conciously were involved in the weapons manufacturing with DU. If I sell you lumber, and you make arrows out of it. How is Canada (or me for that matter) to blame

What if you sell someone lumber, and you know they are going to make arrows out of it, and you still continue to sell them lumber-- Do you think you would be blameless?

Canada has a policy that the uranium it sells isn't to be used in weapons, but it doesn't enforce that policy; Canada continues to sell uranium to the U.S. knowing full well that weapons are being made from it. So that's how Canada is (also) to blame.

What if you sell someone lumber, and you know they are going to make arrows out of it, and you still continue to sell them lumber-- Do you think you would be blameless?

Canada has a policy that the uranium it sells isn't to be used in weapons, but it doesn't enforce that policy; Canada continues to sell uranium to the U.S. knowing full well that weapons are being made from it. So that's how Canada is (also) to blame.

Of course, and thank you for clarifying the point nicely. Blame isn't my thing, but Canucks who wag a finger at the USA for war materials production and export had better wag in their own direction first.

Charity (and smug superiority) begin at home!

So you conciously were involved in the weapons manufacturing with DU. If I sell you lumber, and you make arrows out of it. How is Canada (or me for that matter) to blame ? I am guessing you kind of feel guilty about that. Or are you the type that put your signature on every round, like how people put blessings on bombs used in Iraq.

DU also makes a remarkable desktop paper weight. A kinetic energy round needs significant mass to be most effective against armor. We also manufactured cluster munitions, millimeter wave submunitions, mines, and anti-mine warfare systems. Applied physics is just amazing!

So you say screw the agreement and produce DU for weapons. Hmmm sounds very hypocritical to me. Eventhough you agreed to it, but never had any intention of adhearing to it. Who failed? I know CANADA .... eh?

Nobody failed....it was all just a wink of the eye.

Spare me the rhetoric. I have seen more types of WMDs come out of the US's Military Industrial Complex than most countries combined. The US is the foremost expert on how to kill large amounts of people with many different types of weapons. The Bravery of being out of range.

Frankly, I don't think you have really seen anything along those lines. But thanks for the compliment anyway.

So in the end we are all guilty, now how do we correct that?

No corrective action required. Most of the grown-ups in Canada know exactly what they are doing, and why they are doing it.

Of course, and thank you for clarifying the point nicely. Blame isn't my thing, but Canucks who wag a finger at the USA for war materials production and export had better wag in their own direction first.

Charity (and smug superiority) begin at home!

Indeed, those Kurds that Saddam gassed, using chemicals from the US, then the US complaining at Iraq that they used WMDs ... same situation.

Pot, kettle,,,, whatever.

Guest American Woman
Indeed, those Kurds that Saddam gassed, using chemicals from the US, then the US complaining at Iraq that they used WMDs ... same situation.

Yes, it is the same situation, and that's the point. You had to ask how Canada was to blame regarding the DU. Did you also wonder about the U.S.'s blame regarding Saddam? I didn't, and I don't think b_c'04 has either. In fact, he's right out there with what the U.S. has done. Difference is, as far as I can see, he sees nothing wrong with it.

It's not the "pot and kettle" situation if one side isn't denying their blame. I fully accept our blame as does the world at large. There is no hesitation to blame the U.S. for what we have done; to hold us accountable. Are most Canadians holding their own country as accountable as they hold the United States for our wrong doings? Was your reaction to Saddam gassing the Kurds with chemicals from the U.S. "whatever?"

Was your reaction to Saddam gassing the Kurds with chemicals from the U.S. "whatever?"

Nope, quite the opposite. Part of the reason I never supported either Gulf War. I am also not fine with this Uranium selling to the US, for greed always trumps everything else. No matter where you are.

Nope, quite the opposite. Part of the reason I never supported either Gulf War. I am also not fine with this Uranium selling to the US, for greed always trumps everything else. No matter where you are.

By Jove, I think he's got it! And it's not just uranium 'bro....we're talking about all manner of military nasties. Canada is number six in the world for defense exports according to the CBC, and they don't even track the stuff going to those evil 'Merkins!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/10/29/...ry-exports.html

Fallacy. The "US" government didn't suppply chemical weapons to Iraq. Most of the dual use components came from Europe and the Far East. US companies supplied some components but this can hardly be compared to provding the means to murder thousands of people.

Fallacy. The "US" government didn't suppply chemical weapons to Iraq. Most of the dual use components came from Europe and the Far East. US companies supplied some components but this can hardly be compared to provding the means to murder thousands of people.

Do you have a citation or are you basing this information on what you wish to be true?

Guest American Woman

No one said that the U.S. did supply "chemical weapons" to Iraq. What we did supply is the chemicals which gave Iraq the means to make chemical weapons. As for "most" of the dual use components coming from Europe and the Far East, I too, would appreciate a link to a source confirming that. As for the U.S. providing "some of the components," those components did indeed provide the means to murder thousands of people.

The components came from all over. Germany, France....russia.....

It would be if I made a bomb and the police named home hardware as my supplier forgetting that Loblaws, Monsanto and Canadian tire also sold me components..

Guest American Woman
The components came from all over. Germany, France....russia.....

It would be if I made a bomb and the police named home hardware as my supplier forgetting that Loblaws, Monsanto and Canadian tire also sold me components..

Who's "forgetting" that other nations supplied Saddam with chemicals too? :huh: I didn't ask where the chemicals came from; I asked for confirmation that "most" of the chemicals came from Europe and the Far East. Furthermore, your example isn't quite accurate as it appears as if your bomb wouldn't have been possible were it not for the components from Loblaws, Monsanto and Canadian tire along with the components from home hardware. The chemicals the U.S. provided were in themselves all that were needed to make chemical weapons.