Barack Hussein Obama

Barack Hussein Obama has no problem relating to the 'Black' community.

But this could be problematic in itself.

'Blacks' can openly support one of their own based solely on skin color and not be deemed 'racist', but whites cannot do the same.

http://www.smthop.com/articles1details.asp?NewsNum=1052

Is Mr. Obama really Black or is he in fact a Muslim?

His father was.

It is further understood by Islamic laws that the children born of a Muslim man must be raised as Muslims, which means that the religion of the children born of a Muslim man must be Islam. Therefore, it is obvious that Barack Obama is considered, according to Islamic Shari’a, a Muslim regardless of whether he practiced the religion of Islam in dedication to the prayers, paying the ‘zakat’ (alms giving), or going to Mecca for pilgrimage, or any of the other conditions prescribed by the Quran for Muslims to follow.

This furthers the question is Mr. Obama an apostate?

It is further understood by Islamic laws that the children born of a Muslim man must be raised as Muslims, which means that the religion of the children born of a Muslim man must be Islam. Therefore, it is obvious that Barack Obama is considered, according to Islamic Shari’a, a Muslim regardless of whether he practiced the religion of Islam in dedication to the prayers, paying the ‘zakat’ (alms giving), or going to Mecca for pilgrimage, or any of the other conditions prescribed by the Quran for Muslims to follow.

Could this threaten Mr. Obama's positon as president of the U.S. if in fact he did become president?

Under these circumstances, Barack Hussein Obama is, without any doubt, a Muslim because he was born of a Muslim father. Obama claims that his father became atheist later in life; that creates more problems to the father, because the Islamic Shari’a considers a Muslim who becomes atheist (Arabic, zindeeq) as bad as is the apostate, and subject to the death penalty.

http://myrtus.typepad.com/myrtus/2008/01/c...e-of-relig.html

No doubt Barack Obama played the race card in South Carolina and won that state.

Race and religion are volatile subjects, especially one who is Muslim and running for president for the U.S.

I think the aspect of Shari law being problematic for Barrick Obama has not been dealt with properly in allowing this man to run as president for the U.S. along with the fact the problems race has to do with this election.

Are racial/Muslim problems inevitable if Obama is elected president of the U.S.?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barack Obama was baptized a Christian:

Barack Obama has put his religion back into the headlines, trumpeting the power and salvation of faith and asking a church audience in South Carolina to help him become “an instrument of God” and join him in creating “a Kingdom right here on Earth."

Baptized in Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ, Obama has been an active member for two decades, regularly attending services with his family under Wright's spiritual mentorship.

Fox News

The fact that you raise the question of his religion tells me that there are many things that Americans don't know about Obama. A presidential campaign can get brutal so we may discover new things and discover them in a slanted way.

For example, Caroline Kennedy seems to think that Obama is like her idealized view of her father. Indeed, she writes that we don't need to know what Obama thinks because all the candidates have the same polices:

OVER the years, I’ve been deeply moved by the people who’ve told me they wished they could feel inspired and hopeful about America the way people did when my father was president. This sense is even more profound today. That is why I am supporting a presidential candidate in the Democratic primaries, Barack Obama.

Most of us would prefer to base our voting decision on policy differences. However, the candidates’ goals are similar. They have all laid out detailed plans on everything from strengthening our middle class to investing in early childhood education. So qualities of leadership, character and judgment play a larger role than usual.

NYT

----

I'll be very surprised if Obama gets the Democratic nomination and I would be absolutely astounded if he were ever to get elected in 2008. Obama in 2008 is no Kennedy in 1960. Kennedy was a far more savvy politician than Obama has shown himself to be.

If Kennedy had a modern day equivalent, it would be Bill Clinton himself but many Democrats seem to have decided that Clinton is no longer the icon they once believed him to be. It appears that Obama is now the new Messiah.

Barack Obama was baptized a Christian

This makes no difference in the eyes of Islam.

It is further understood by Islamic laws that the children born of a Muslim man must be raised as Muslims, which means that the religion of the children born of a Muslim man must be Islam. Therefore, it is obvious that Barack Obama is considered, according to Islamic Shari’a, a Muslim regardless of whether he practiced the religion of Islam in dedication to the prayers, paying the ‘zakat’ (alms giving), or going to Mecca for pilgrimage, or any of the other conditions prescribed by the Quran for Muslims to follow. Those conditions are important for any Muslim to be in good standing within his religion, but they do not cause a Muslim to be considered an apostate if he decides not to follow these conditions. Under these circumstances, Barack Hussein Obama is, without any doubt, a Muslim because he was born of a Muslim father. Obama claims that his father became atheist later in life; that creates more problems to the father, because the Islamic Shari’a considers a Muslim who becomes atheist (Arabic, zindeeq) as bad as is the apostate, and subject to the death penalty.

http://myrtus.typepad.com/myrtus/2008/01/c...e-of-relig.html

Obama's trinity church has problems relating to conflict of interest for Obama.

Trinity United Church of Christ

About Us

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian… Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

1. Commitment to God

2. Commitment to the Black Community

3. Commitment to the Black Family

4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education

5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence

6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic

7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect

8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"

9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community

10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions

11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System

12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.

2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.

3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.

4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.

5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.

6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.

7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.

8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.

9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.

10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/barack-...and-afrocentric

What the Clinton's views? Do they really support the New World Order? Clinton asked about this and he refuse to answer. It seems to me, that you eithr are going to pick a black president, a woman president with her expresident telling her what to do or you go to the conservative side and pick a person who would continue the war. The question is are you better off today than you were before Bush appeared on the scene? The answer is with a 9 trillion debt and fighting a war in two countries , I say no!!! You think the candidates running could be worse than BUSH!!!

An added bonus to electing Obama is the significant soft power there would be in having this new face representing the U.S. The average extremist Muslim is no better than Leafless at interpreting a man's character beyond the superficialities of his name, ethnic background, and skin colour. Suddenly, their previous conceptions of the evil empire will be shaken to the core.

Edited by BubberMiley

What the Clinton's views? Do they really support the New World Order? Clinton asked about this and he refuse to answer. It seems to me, that you eithr are going to pick a black president, a woman president with her expresident telling her what to do or you go to the conservative side and pick a person who would continue the war. The question is are you better off today than you were before Bush appeared on the scene? The answer is with a 9 trillion debt and fighting a war in two countries , I say no!!! You think the candidates running could be worse than BUSH!!!

Obama thinks big government with social programs is the answer to all problems.

He will only further bankrupt the U.S. and causing further dissension and animosity between the White's and the Black's.

I think possibly whoever leads U.S. into the future will make George W. Bush look like a puppy in comparison.

An added bonus to electing Obama is the significant soft power there would be in having this new face representing the U.S. The average extremist Muslim is no better than Leafless at interpreting a man's character beyond the superficialities of his name, ethnic background, and skin colour. Suddenly, their previous conceptions of the evil empire will be shaken to the core.

Time Bubber, time will tell.

I wish I possessed the optimism you have in the goodness of man.

What the Clinton's views? Do they really support the New World Order? Clinton asked about this and he refuse to answer. It seems to me, that you eithr are going to pick a black president, a woman president with her expresident telling her what to do or you go to the conservative side and pick a person who would continue the war.

So would that mean picking a "white" president? Hmmm...tough choices from the color pallet!

The question is are you better off today than you were before Bush appeared on the scene? The answer is with a 9 trillion debt and fighting a war in two countries , I say no!!! You think the candidates running could be worse than BUSH!!!

Well, thanks for the thought, but it really doesn't apply. The Americans had trillions in debt and wars long before President Bush came along.

Obama thinks big government with social programs is the answer to all problems.

So you think that private-sector solution to low-income housing was a success? It took $400billion of taxpayers money to step in anyways.

He will only further bankrupt the U.S. and causing further dissension and animosity between the White's and the Black's.
Yeah, and the Bush Administration was so fiscally responsible the USD plummetted under them.
I think possibly whoever leads U.S. into the future will make George W. Bush look like a puppy in comparison.
Only if the next president were Republican can GWB look good again. You can see the trend where each subsequent Republican President gets worse and worse - Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush, Bush - look for Dan Quayle in the 2012 election.

What the Clinton's views? Do they really support the New World Order? Clinton asked about this and he refuse to answer.

Clinton asked and he refused to answer?

One thing to talk to yourself quite another to be so rude and not answer your own question.

Now seeing this might be a typo....lets say someone did ask about the new world order.....answering the question is dangerous.....when you have a debate with a fruitcake over a fruitcake idea, a listener might assume that you are also a fuitcake. Best to either ignore or laugh.

"Is Mr. Obama really Black or is he in fact a Muslim?"

I'm wondering how the two can be mutually exclusive.

America currently has many challenges but the one it has chosen to commit military resources to is the middle east. So who best to meet that challenge?

Whoever it is, one hopes s/he will also have a very good economics advisor!

What kind of question is this? As far as I know an individual can be none, one, or two of the above...they are not mutually exclusive terms or identities.

Your attempts to paint Obama as a Muslim are equally outlandish, the Quran says a lot of things, its track record is worse than the magic eight ball I got when I was a kid. I think it's absurd that we are still enslaving people to the religion of their parents. Unless you can present evidence of Obama telling people that that Muhammad is the messenger of God or document Obama praying to Mecca five times a day..I will call this claim what it really is: a worthless attempt at character assassination.

There are a number of avenues an individual can choose to go down in order to criticize Obama. Given this fact it would be best to stick to the ones that have some basis in reality rather than religious fantasy land. Personally I think Obama is a bit of a smoke and mirrors act he has a good act but I haven't seen much substance from him yet...but looking at the rest of this field of bumbling idiots he may not be so bad.

Unless you can present evidence of Obama telling people that that Muhammad is the messenger of God or document Obama praying to Mecca five times a day..I will call this claim what it really is: a worthless attempt at character assassination.

I don't have to prove anything, Shari Law proves it for me.

It is up to Obama to publicy announce his total disassociation with the Muslim faith which unfortunately still does not get him off the hook.

My attempt is to suggest an individual such as Obama would be a threat to America if he ever became president.

How about Obama is a dual citizen, a citizen of the U.S. and a citizen of Kenya.

Digest this:

“Under the Independence Constitution of Kenya, Obama became a Kenyan citizen on December 12, 1963. He has never renounced his Kenyan citizenship. On his senate web site, Obama tap dances around his own dual nationality when discussing his father. Obama obviously knows, because his father told him, that he also held/holds Kenyan nationality.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/repl..."e=7300036

Obviously you did not read a further posting tying in Obama and the Trinity church which reasonably proves he has a cultural/race hidden agenda.

Sharia law proves nothing.

He was born to an atheist mother, and his father became an atheist later in life.

His interview with a reporter of the Chicago Sun Times confirms this.

It is up to Obama to publicy announce his total disassociation with the Muslim faith which unfortunately still does not get him off the hook.

So , he diassociates from it, publicly, and you wont believe him. Ok

My attempt is to suggest an individual such as Obama would be a threat to America if he ever became president.

Why?

I suspect you have been a recipient of that stupid email that is making the rounds . Your language suggests it. "Threat to America".....and just how would he be a threat.

How about Obama is a dual citizen, a citizen of the U.S. and a citizen of Kenya.

Who cares? He was born in the USA and that means he can run.

Obviously you did not read a further posting tying in Obama and the Trinity church which reasonably proves he has a cultural/race hidden agenda.

He has no hidden agenda , the same way Harper doesnt with his church.

Digest this:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/repl..."e=7300036

There are alot of things you can hold people responsible for...Who their parents are is not one of them.

Edited by Slavik44

This question makes absolutely no sense. Being "black" is having to do with one's race, and being "Muslim" (a follower of Islam) is having to do with one's religion. Even if Obama was a Muslim, he'd still be black (or part black technically i guess).

Overall i don't see this being much of a problem even if what you're saying were true. It would probably just give islamic extremists another excuse for hating America. Being black and having muslim roots could even endear himself to many in the middle-east compared to having another rich old white dude in the White House.

At least he's not Jewish. Now THAT would cause some problems. ;)

Leafless, you know the whole muslim/madrassa thing that Foxnews pimped for some time is total garbage and debunked.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/

"This is a public school. We don't focus on religion," Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. "In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."

Obama has noted in his two books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that he spent two years in a Muslim school and another two years in a Catholic school while living in Indonesia from age 6 to 10.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16813267/

Interviews by The Associated Press at the elementary school in Jakarta found that it's a public and secular institution that has been open to students of all faiths since before the White House hopeful attended in the late 1960s.

So, Leafeless, you can stop anytime. And where are you getting the Sharia law bit anyways?? Even if he was a Muslim, do you really think that all Muslims follow Sharia? or Whahabismmsmsms??? Do you think all Christians are all the same?? Do you think all Christians follow the same exact code??? OF course not. Hell not even all athiests are the same...

Sharia law proves nothing.

He was born to an atheist mother, and his father became an atheist later in life.

His father is a Muslim which makes Obama a Muslim.

His interview with a reporter of the Chicago Sun Times confirms this.

So , he diassociates from it, publicly, and you wont believe him. Ok

Why?

I don't trust any minority in the position of all powerful president or PM.

The basic problem is he nevertheless classified as a foreign import to many people and tied to a religion that many consider is barbaric and is not a home grown American.

He has no hidden agenda , the same way Harper doesnt with his church.

Harpers church does not have a racial agenda like Obama's.

Read post 1&3.

So, Leafeless, you can stop anytime. And where are you getting the Sharia law bit anyways??

Please read post 1 & 3.

Even if he was a Muslim, do you really think that all Muslims follow Sharia? or Whahabismmsmsms???

Why take that risk when you have a choice.

Do you think all Christians are all the same?? Do you think all Christians follow the same exact code??? OF course not. Hell not even all athiests are the same...

Current Christianity unlike Islam has no death code and does not have an agenda to kill non-believers.

I also believe Obama carries a racial chip on his shoulder.

His father is a Muslim which makes Obama a Muslim.

It makes him born to a Muslim father. I see what the Quran says, but obviously Obama has moved away from the religion.

He did afterall swear in using the Bible. Please dont post about the Muslim allowed to lie to people for the greater good. It just doesnt fit.

I don't trust any minority in the position of all powerful president or PM.

I suspect you dont trust any minority person , powerful or not. But apart from that, why not? What specifically do you not trust about him? Colour,? Religion?

Mitt Romney is a member of a minority religious sect. Is there anything wrong with him?

The basic problem is he nevertheless classified as a foreign import to many people and tied to a religion that many consider is barbaric and is not a home grown American.

Frankly those people and others who say this are being downright stupid. He was born in the USA.

Lots of dumb people here and in the US that might think he is foreign , and that Islam is barbaric. But thats not true, but they certianly dont want to know the truth.

Harpers church does not have a racial agenda like Obama's.

Read post 1&3.

POst 1 and 3 do nothing to bolster your point. Perhaps you could show us?

Since Obama , at least from all appearnaces, does not have an agenda , but he does attend a church that is , lets say different, then Harper should have an agenda too since the Christian and Missionary Alliance is " a bit different" , and also an American christian fundamentalist church. I admit, that is not my cup of tea (fundy churches) but I hardly suspect Harper of harbouring any kooky ideas along the same lines you accuse Obama of.

Harper is not exactly following his religion now is he? I suspect Obama would do the same.