Are you tired of all the lies the western media makes against the Chin

Is the western media making up lies against China to limit its economic development?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A few weeks ago, the CBC aired a short documentary on the national in which they covered poor chinese farmers suffering from Cancer because of a local government-owned factory sprewing waste into the local pnd. I was absolutely amazed by the lack of science and the lies that western media portray China with. Since when does factory waste cause cancer? It's not like the waste sprewed by western factories cause its citizens any health problems.

By making the documentary, the CBC has joined the list of countless other media sources to sprew lies against the Chinese government. I am becoming convinced that the western media make up lies about China to limit its economic development and thus continue the domination of western nations.

Do you believe this is what's happening?

A few weeks ago, the CBC aired a short documentary on the national in which they covered poor chinese farmers suffering from Cancer because of a local government-owned factory sprewing waste into the local pnd. I was absolutely amazed by the lack of science and the lies that western media portray China with. Since when does factory waste cause cancer? It's not like the waste sprewed by western factories cause its citizens any health problems.

Oh no? See Hooker Chemical and Love Canal near Buffalo NY....documentaries were produced over 30 years ago.

By making the documentary, the CBC has joined the list of countless other media sources to sprew lies against the Chinese government. I am becoming convinced that the western media make up lies about China to limit its economic development and thus continue the domination of western nations.

No....book a flight to China. But bring your own clean air and water.

There's a lot happening in China that will come to light as it opens up more. I have a friend in Edmonton who is a computer tech and is from China and also another who is a professor at the U of A. Both of them say the central government can only rectify problems if they know about them. The way China is emerging politically is making that a difficult process.

The emerging power base now is at the level of local government, which is good, because it's becoming more democratic, the problem is that they are subject to presure from business interests as well.

I think media reports, even if they cast China in an unflattering light, will be good for development in the long term if ithey focus the attention of the Chinese leaders where it's needed.

Even though China is still communist, some political pressure can hopefully be brought to bear.

Edited by james rahn

I suspect you are trolling, so let me ask you - have you been to China?

Oh, and if you have been there - did you try the tap water?

Borg

• 3 weeks later...
Yah what a shame, such a benevolent regime. After all Chairman Mao only had about 100 Million murdered in the name of Communism. www.ninecommentaries.com

But what a horse trader he was. He was willing to trade 10 million chinese ladies to the US....

....had they only made the deal...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7243500.stm

I saw the CBC documentary and I believe it is true. The CBC has beeen an honest reporter on China for many years. Don't forget that we are the country that would talk to you even after Tiananmen Square; the CBC is a source many here trust, and with good reason.

You have capitalism. That's the easy part. Can you handle free speech? Welcome to democracy. It's a wonderful pain in the ass.

Probably what is as bad is how western companies are flocking to China to trade and setup shop. The western talks about the abuses that go on there and then the other side of their mouths they are dealing with China. The US treats China better than Cuba and I can't see what the differences are, but again that's the US government for you.

Probably what is as bad is how western companies are flocking to China to trade and setup shop. The western talks about the abuses that go on there and then the other side of their mouths they are dealing with China. The US treats China better than Cuba and I can't see what the differences are, but again that's the US government for you.

At least in the US, opinions such as yours that question the government won't result in you getting shot, unlike in China

I guess those images murders of innocent people in Tinnamen Square were made in Hollywood! The Red Chinese government under Mao were the greatest mass muderers of people in the history of the world. Stalin looked like a rookie in comparison.

You don't seem to know a lot about Stalin.

What is China's population?

How does this affect the environment?

Are the regulations there as good as 'western' countries?

Hell, they are trying to clean up Bejing before the Olympics. I have always wondered why that place was chosen. Politics? Because I am sure the atheletes are going to get sick from the dirty air there. If the residents think the air is bad, the visitors are going to puke.

Hell, they are trying to clean up Bejing before the Olympics. I have always wondered why that place was chosen. Politics? Because I am sure the atheletes are going to get sick from the dirty air there. If the residents think the air is bad, the visitors are going to puke.

This should be a graphic enough description of China's pollution...

Purple river....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

----------------------------------------------------------

On the road to Mandalay,

Where the flyin'-fishes play,

An' the dawn comes up like thunder outer China 'crost the Bay!

--- Rudyard Kipling

Interesting comments.

China is planning to spray paint the grass so it looks bright green - tests completed and deemed successful according to my neighbour who just returned from a business trip.

I notice one of the largest meat producers in north america is now headed there to produce chicken for north america.

Tyson will grow the food there and ex/im port to canada for us to eat. Saw it in the Western Producer.

I figure we should see the first shipments start in mid - 2010.

Clean air and clean water and cheap, highly skilled labour? Good food? Not!

Borg

Edited by Borg

No....book a flight to China. But bring your own clean air and water.

It seems Mr. Bush will come to Beijing for the Ceremony of Olympic several months later. You might advise your government to get a gas filter mask on American President's face. :P

GG1938.jpg

Honesty, I don't think China's environment is as good as Canada's and American's, and there are too many pollution problem and its huge population is making circumstance worse, but it is obviously that China's ennvironment is not as worse as some western nonsense description. If anyone here got a western newspaper or magazine, he would found there was a article said water and air in China posioned people to cancer in front page, then another article in second page said China was overpopuled by it having 1.4 billon people, and in third page there was a "writer" said China is running into aging society and would collapse soon.....but if he used his mind thinking, he would find if China's enviroment is as worse as the first article said, China would not go into aging society because all its people would died in the age of 40 or 50 and China would not overpopulated.

And, perhaps the fourth article is a newletter, about that President Bush called for China Chairman Hu to import more American made vehicles, air planes, chemical factories, power plants, iron ores.....full family of carbon dioxide and NOx generators, and after CPChina bought all of these, the human rights status in China would "improve" greatly for several months until American companies finished all those Chinese bills and needed next round bills, then China human rights would go worse again and another American president needs to telephone another chairman to re-improve it .....:rolleyes:

Honesty, I don't think China's environment is as good as Canada's and American's, and there are too many pollution problem and its huge population is making circumstance worse, but it is obviously that China's ennvironment is not as worse as some western nonsense description.....

Of course....that explains why so many Canadians and Americans move to China. People's Party says clean air and water for everybody.....so it must be true.

Of course....that explains why so many Canadians and Americans move to China. People's Party says clean air and water for everybody.....so it must be true.

There really are a lot of Americans, Canadians, Birtiches, Frenches, Germans and of couse Russians lived in Beijing and you would not suppose the CEO of WalMart would shipped his factory to China and then left them in a Chinese harbor rotting. Every sunday I bought my son to parks I met these guys and their kids. I have never seen these guys use gas mask and they bought water and icecream for their kid from Chinese stall--- they might not bring icecreams from another side of Pacific Ocean.

Would I ask how many years have passed after your last port call at China? I guess perhaps 10 to 20 years. Though I think you are the one of few guys here who have ever visited China.

...Would I ask how many years have passed after your last port call at China? I guess perhaps 10 to 20 years. Though I think you are the one of few guys here who have ever visited China.

My business visits, now over a dozen years old, are irrelevant compared to the stark pollution reality of today, and today's "tree hugging" standards. Millions of Canadians and Americans have not emmigrated to China....I wonder why?

My business visits, now over a dozen years old, are irrelevant compared to the stark pollution reality of today, and today's "tree hugging" standards.

I mean 10 years ago, there are not so many foreigners in China. In fact the pollution today is more worse than 10 year's ago, but foreigners are also more than that time. 35 years ago, then I was a kid and Mao was at power, I think China's environment is more better than America and Canada. All food are 100% organic and there were far less CO2,NOx in air because there were almost no car in streets. But foreigners were also as less as car and smoke.

Millions of Canadians and Americans have not emmigrated to China....I wonder why?

If your concern was pollution, you would not care those foreigners in Beijing were immigrants or MBAs of Walmart except they were kidnaped by China.