The Coward of Caledonia?

Good! Hit the ignore button all you want. You weren't keepoing up anyway. Real history involves extensive research of the archives and documentation that was never included ....

...in any post of yours where a citation has been requested...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the explanation Angus. It's a far cry from what you were saying earlier although maybe this last bit was what you meant.

No I don't care to support someone who could support themselves. And like you say, a bum is a bum regardless of race.

But the reality is that from the beginning, European contact tended to force Aboriginals to become bums. There doesn't seem to be much literature out there that says differently.

Once you start a family off on a mindset, it bounces through generations and is difficult to stop. I've seen it happen through five generations of my own family. The actions of my grandfather are directly related to the welfare of my nephew's children and the milestones through the different lives stick out like beacons.

Not everyone is damaged but on my brother's side, the damage is total devastation so far. Only I escaped the damage and even that can be considered a matter of opinion. Even knowing the reasons and the history does not necessarily help anyone avoid the consequences of what happened generations earlier.

So the response you received from those lazy natives is completely understandable to me.

And besides that, you have to bear in mind their culture was and often still is one of women doing the work, men doing the directing (or thinking about it) in many cases. Women ran the households. That's how our culture was too, but we've educated our way out of it for the most part though not completely. And that is a very recent development for us historically speaking.

There are quite a few points in your prior post that I can agree with, and in fact, sympathise with. My father is an alcoholic wife and child beater. This is in part why I determined to never be that which he is, the other part is simply based on knowing right from wrong. Perhaps I do judge others rather harshly based upon my own experiences.

As I said, I have many Native friends (out here they tend to refer to themselves as either Native or...you guessed it...Indians. These are good people, they hold jobs, care for their famillies, take care of their homes and generally are good neighbours to have. what I dislike are the "squeaky wheels", those who do not wish to work and would rather drink all day. Believe me or not but there are a sh*t load of those ones, just drive downtown at 0950 and you'll see them either heading for the liquor store or lined up outside already.

A fair and equitable agreement that would benefit all concerned is the optimum solution. Unfortunatelly the "squeaky wheels" appear to be intent on anything but that. One of those "squeaky wheels" damn near lost his teeth at my hand. He is my ex's brother. He told us he wanted to take her 9 year old daughter to visit her cousins just north of Orillia, instead he took her to Caledonia, we were both furious. He is one whom I class as a bum, very irresponsible as well.

Some would have you believe I'm anti Native, that is not true. I'm anti goof or bum but not anti Native. I also really dislike lies and BS.

What you fail to realize is that the ordinary citizen is not really responsible for what the government does. In fact, many probably have had issues with the government as well--before all this started, I mean.

"Ontario Loyalist" ... are you saying that because we have no control of our governments, they get away with anything they want? They can just take over Aboriginal land, already under claim, and Six Nations just has to 'suck it up' because 'that's just what our governments are like'?

If we don't have any say over our governments' actions, who does?

If we don't stop our governments illegal and aggressive actions, who will?

A silly scenario might help ... Bully the elected neighbourhood rep says "I'm running my drainage ditch across you yard. Don't like it? Tough! I'm the government in this neighbourhood!" You stand up to Bully and say "NO ... no more! You are not using my yard anymore!" Your neighbour says "You know what Bully's like! He'll never agree! Just shut up. Don't cause trouble!"

I believe you are quite wrong about our responsibilities as Canadians. Canada is a democracy and we, the people who choose our governments, are completely responsible for their actions, and completely responsible to change their approach: That's why we elect them - to do what we want them to do.

Six Nations does know what our governments are like - aggressive profiteers who will stop at nothing - They have been watching Canada take their lives, their children, their land for centuries now, but it is clear that they are not tolerating it anymore.

The only thing our governments will respond to is concerted, large scale action by the voters.

We have to take the initiative to make Aboriginal Rights and Titles an election issue, because our politicians don't want to talk about it. These issues will only be resolved when Canadians finally stand up and take responsibility for the actions of the governments we choose. We are the ones responsible for what happens now.

Edited by tango

Well then we may be on the same page...

I've been reading your posts with interest, and was inspired to declare myself.

It just bugs me so much when people just dismiss our responsibilities.

Not sayin it's easy, though ...

Talking truth to government is like having a conversation with yourself most of the time.

:lol:

I've been reading your posts with interest, and was inspired to declare myself.

It just bugs me so much when people just dismiss our responsibilities.

Not sayin it's easy, though ...

Talking truth to government is like having a conversation with yourself most of the time.

:lol:

Talking truth to some of the posters here is like talking to a tree. They are so adamant that what their 6th grade teacher taught them about history is the truth. And when you give them references they skip over them. The must be afraid of finding out that pretty Miss Little was all wrong.....

Myths. They are pervasive and inclusive in your mind. Maybe if you explore the real history and not the "British are the heroes" kind of fluff we teach in school you might be able to get past the myths and fabrications you think equates to history.

Actually, the educational system has been under the control of post-colonialists, among others for about 40 years now. The history that I was tought was pretty lite and tended to portray Indians in an idealized manner.

No, the Ojibwa and the Iroquois were not "enemies".

Yes they were.

There are a number of treaties (or wampum) that both hold sacred. During the beaver wars there were skirmishes and disagreements, but they were minor in nature and mostly instigated by the French trying to dislodge the Iroquois / British alliances that controlled southern Ontario trade.

Whatever.

If you look at the Mitchell map 1757 you will see where the Mississauga were identified as the 8th nation of the Confederacy.

Mitchell sounds like a European name to me. If all these other European documents are filled with myths and lies, then why isn't this one?

Yes my friend the British had colonies along the Lake Ontario shoreline in 1764. The British occupation was just beginning after the French were defeated. The Quebec Act 1774 was issued to protect those colonies and to further entrench the rules under the Royal Proclamation 1763 by saying that certain colonies, settlements and townships in Ontario and Quebec were under the domain of the Crown.

A fort isn't a colony. The only part of Ontario that was really settled at that time would have been around what is now Detroit, which was and still isn't along the shore of Lake Ontario. Settlement of what is now Ontario really didn't start until the 1780s and it wasn't until a decade later that the land was being surveyed to the extent where counties and townships could be established.

Again just so you don't get this wrong, Brant couldn't sell the land except to the Crown. This was never done and the 1844 purported surrender is bogus. It doesn't matter what you ~think~ was done, it couldn't be done. Period!

Well, Brant sold the land which means that money was transferred from a buyer to him the seller. Whether Brant screwed over his own people is not our problem.

No. Six Nations does not "mismanage" their affairs now or ever. The fact is that the as recently as this past summer the Auditor General Sheila Fraser stated that First Nations are generally over-audited, and that the flaw is in Indian Affairs where paper reports gets lost or stalemated on bureaucrats' desks. For the most part the corrupt government system is responsible for all mismanagement. As well, First Nations are general under-funded by more than half of what municipalities are AND are responsible for things that municipalities are not such as their own health care system and education.

Yes, mismanage. Six Nations could not take care of its own business. As you stated above, Six Nations couldn't control Brant from selling off much of its land. That's mismanagement.

There is no more internal fighting and power struggles at Six Nations than there are at a typical town council meeting. Reaching consensus takes opposing positions and tries to find solutions. So divergent opinions are welcomed and embraced in a participatory democracy. You mistake is thinking that any of the sound bites the media grabs from different groups of people at Six Nations represents a split in opinion. In a participatory democracy the sum of all the parts equal the whole and so opinions capture by the media are just personal aspects of the overall opinion that is constantly developing and changing under their constitutional system of law. That is why no decision - including land surrenders - can be made without first asking the people what THEY want. The Chiefs are there to enforce THEIR wishes, not make their own agenda and then tell the people, like our politicians do.

Trust me, there is a lot of internal power struggles going on. There are lots of factions involved.

Talking truth to some of the posters here is like talking to a tree. They are so adamant that what their 6th grade teacher taught them about history is the truth. And when you give them references they skip over them. The must be afraid of finding out that pretty Miss Little was all wrong.....

Seriously...lame strawmans? You're better than that...or are you?

---------------------------------------------

Purple light in the canyon

that is where I long to be

With my three good companions

just my rifle, my pony and me

---Ricky Nelson, Dean Martin

Actually, the educational system has been under the control of post-colonialists, among others for about 40 years now. The history that I was tought was pretty lite and tended to portray Indians in an idealized manner.

Yes they were.

Whatever.

Mitchell sounds like a European name to me. If all these other European documents are filled with myths and lies, then why isn't this one?

A fort isn't a colony. The only part of Ontario that was really settled at that time would have been around what is now Detroit, which was and still isn't along the shore of Lake Ontario. Settlement of what is now Ontario really didn't start until the 1780s and it wasn't until a decade later that the land was being surveyed to the extent where counties and townships could be established.

Well, Brant sold the land which means that money was transferred from a buyer to him the seller. Whether Brant screwed over his own people is not our problem.

Yes, mismanage. Six Nations could not take care of its own business. As you stated above, Six Nations couldn't control Brant from selling off much of its land. That's mismanagement.

Trust me, there is a lot of internal power struggles going on. There are lots of factions involved.

Where did you get this stuff from, bubble gum cards?

In the same 40 years I was taught that Indians were savages and killed anyone they came across. They were uncivilized and we had to educate them about hygene.

In contrast and in truth, the Iroquois had (and still have) a sophisticated government system, with full representation of all people (including children) and a constitution that guarantees their freedoms that is more than 1000 years old. In contrast when the Europeans first arrived here they were accustomed to bathing once a year, and had so contaminated their drinking water from human waste that they were regularly drinking wine and beer as a replacement. And the truth is that since European infection among the natives, our colonial government has been on a determined and extensive plan to wipe them all out of they didn't act like us.

The Ontario Lake shore was a Confederacy Iroquois stronghold long before the French came and long after they left. There were about 8 major villages and each had a number of farming communties attached to them along Lake Ontario and Erie. The British often held over winters in these villages and trade there to receive furs. The French along with their Wendat allies were forced to travel the northern route into the west because the Lake Ontario portages had been guarded by the Iroquois from more than a century before.

No Brant did not sell land. He leased it and settlers have refused to pay. Whether some money was transferred is irrelevent since the transactions were illegal and are still illegal today.

Six Nations has always taken care of its business. The Canadian government displaced the Confederacy because they wouldn't stop complaining about the land thefts that took place.

Trust me....hah! I work with Six Nations and other First Nations on a daily basis and there are no factions struggling for control. What there are, are groups of people coming at their issues from different positions. Their end purpose is all the same - to get control of their lands and resources and replace the Canadian government and the imposed policing with systems of their own making and under their own control.

Red Jacket said it best in 1811:

“Brother! – If you wish us well then keep away; don’t disturb us.”

Brother! You say you have not come to get our land or our money, but to enlighten our minds. I will now tell you that I have been at your meetings and saw you collecting money from the meeting. I cannot tell what this money was intended for, but suppose it was for your minister; and if we should conform to your way of thinking, perhaps you may want some from us.

Brother! We are told that you have been preaching to the white people in this place. These people are our neighbors. We are acquainted with them. We will wait a little while, and see what effect your preaching has upon them. If we find it does them good and makes them honest and less disposed to cheat Indians, we will then consider again what you have said.

“Brother! – Great numbers of black coats have been among the Indians. With sweet voices and smiling faces, they offered to teach them the religion of the white people. Our brethren in the East listened to them. They turn from the religion of their fathers, and look up the religion of the white people. What good has it done? Are they more friendly, one to another, than we are? No, Brother! They are a divided people; we are united. They quarrel about religion; we live in love and friendship. Besides, they drink strong waters, and they have learned how to cheat and how to practice all the other vices of the white people, without imitating their virtues. “

“Brother! – We do not worship the Great Spirit as the white people do, but believe that the forms of worship are indifferent to the Great Spirit. It is the homage of sincere hearts that pleases him, and we worship him in that manner.”"We also have a religion which was given to our forefathers, and has been handed down to us their children. It teaches us to be thankful, to be united, and to love one another! We never quarrel about religion."

“Brother! –If you white people murdered the Saviour , make it up yourselves. We had nothing to do with it. If he had come among us, we should have treated him better”

“Brother! –If you white people murdered the Saviour , make it up yourselves. We had nothing to do with it. If he had come among us, we should have treated him better”

You bet you would, your ancestors wouldn't have crucified him, they would have been more humane and just boiled him after breaking all his limbs. If time was short and they couldn't fully enjoy the breaking and boiling they would have just burnt him.

To deny savage and warlike practices amongst primitive peoples is to be merely deluded and willfully blind. The Ideolization of primitive cultures is merely a self delusional and self defeating persuit.

The simple fact is that we no longer live in an age two centuries past. We live in this age now, what was agreed upon 200 years ago is not really relevant today. What is relevant is the fact that we all have to abandon firmly held positions and figure out what will work.

Thats an attitude that seems to be in short supply right now.

To deny savage and warlike practices amongst primitive peoples is to be merely deluded and willfully blind. The Ideolization of primitive cultures is merely a self delusional and self defeating persuit.

The simple fact is that we no longer live in an age two centuries past. We live in this age now, what was agreed upon 200 years ago is not really relevant today. What is relevant is the fact that we all have to abandon firmly held positions and figure out what will work.

Simply a beautiful post. I could not have said it better.

You bet you would, your ancestors wouldn't have crucified him, they would have been more humane and just boiled him after breaking all his limbs. If time was short and they couldn't fully enjoy the breaking and boiling they would have just burnt him.

See you are stuck in a 6th grade history text. If you had read anything post 6th grade by any history scholar on the subject you would have found out different. The Europeans demonized the Indians because they would not accept Christianity and because they wanted land and resources. The easiest way to that avenue was to demonize them and identify them as sub-human. Sub-human peoples had no rights.

Yet through-out the Jesuit Relations - the authority on early history contact - there are reports of highly organized communities people. There are letters that talk about the abundance of food and generosity, so much so that one Jesuit posited that this must be "Paradise" and the natives were God's angels. There are no reports of mass wars and conflicts, or demons or savages.

It is deluded and blind to hold onto the idea that people here were savages and backward, in the face of so much written text to the contrary. You just have to learn to read beyond the comic books and primers.

Ah, but past agreements are relevant. In fact since the Royal Proclamation 1763 is included in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms as an aboriginal right, it is legally and constitutionally relevant. Once the law is complied with, I'm sure natives will work towards better solutions. But as long as we continue to make promises, contracts and agreements and not hold them, we are untrustworthy to them. Why would they make another agreement with us when we have not upheld the previous ones? No I support them going it alone, and taking their land and resources with them. I've learned that I can be accepted as their equal, and benefit from their economic development as an outsider, as their partner. What I have learned is that new agreements can be forged but that we have to do the bending. Many First Nations have bent so far they are nearly broken.

The first place to start would be for people like you to learn our real history. Our European ancestors were not the noble saviors you think they were. Once you start on your clearing up your ignorance, then you will be able to see the greater picture. Native people then and now are much more intelligent and socially and culturally sophisticated than you could understand in your current closed-minded perspective.

See you are stuck in a 6th grade history text. If you had read anything post 6th grade by any history scholar on the subject you would have found out different. The Europeans demonized the Indians because they would not accept Christianity and because they wanted land and resources. The easiest way to that avenue was to demonize them and identify them as sub-human. Sub-human peoples had no rights.

Yet through-out the Jesuit Relations - the authority on early history contact - there are reports of highly organized communities people. There are letters that talk about the abundance of food and generosity, so much so that one Jesuit posited that this must be "Paradise" and the natives were God's angels. There are no reports of mass wars and conflicts, or demons or savages.

Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda. will you please give your same old tired crap a rest please?

If you want to make such bullsh*t claims back them up, or shut up. Give a link or cite, your lies don't carry any weight with me. If proof is so abundant then it should be a simple matter for you to deluge us with proof, yet none is forthcoming, just more of your ideolized made up crap.

Buisness as usual for you eh. Just spout fantasy with no substantiation and expect eveyone to say "ohh, you're right". You hurt the Native cause far more than you help, acting as a voice for them your lies simply reinforce the Negative image that many hold already.

Sorry, we aren't that stupid.

Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda. will you please give your same old tired crap a rest please?

If you want to make such bullsh*t claims back them up, or shut up. Give a link or cite, your lies don't carry any weight with me. If proof is so abundant then it should be a simple matter for you to deluge us with proof, yet none is forthcoming, just more of your ideolized made up crap.

Buisness as usual for you eh. Just spout fantasy with no substantiation and expect eveyone to say "ohh, you're right". You hurt the Native cause far more than you help, acting as a voice for them your lies simply reinforce the Negative image that many hold already.

Sorry, we aren't that stupid.

I've backed them up! You do know how to use Google don't you?

Royal Proclamation 1763. Mitchell Map 1757 Quebec Act 1774. The Jesuit Relations. Maybe it is just that you are slow, but if you read these things instead of looking for irrelevancy then you might just learn something new.

I see you have reverted back to Troll Status. Perhaps you should just ht the Ignore Button too and let the adults discuss this further.

I've backed them up! You do know how to use Google don't you?

Royal Proclamation 1763. Mitchell Map 1757 Quebec Act 1774. The Jesuit Relations. Maybe it is just that you are slow, but if you read these things instead of looking for irrelevancy then you might just learn something new.

I see you have reverted back to Troll Status. Perhaps you should just ht the Ignore Button too and let the adults discuss this further.

Oh good, you have no support within the last 250 years.

What Tango said about how talking to the government is like talking to yourself is nearly exactly right. The difference is when you talk to the government in front of an audience. While you can't expect your words to have a direct effect, there is a trickle down effect that can have noticeable impact.

My environmental efforts when I ran for Mayor of Pickering were noticed and even though I didn't win, I had a greening influence on the entire Pickering Council as well as the thousands of people who voted for me.

Charter.rights has a point too especially when it comes to government officials. People tend to think elected officials are knowledgeable people. Just like the public, some are, some aren't.

What I learned from running municipally and provincially, is that while people say they want better candidates, mostly they want comfort. Most voters have almost no idea what the issues are, never mind the rights and wrongs of the issues.

When it comes to delivering the cold, hard facts, politicians and the public stampede in the opposite direction - especially when those facts are contrary to their entrenched personal beliefs.

That's why religion is still with us despite common sense. That's why George Bush was elected a second time. Public stupidity is difficult to underestimate. But there is no law against stupidity so politicians with charisma and little else acquire decision making positions despite having no understanding of the issues.

Emissions are a good example. We have emissions regulators. We have medical people. We have emissions problems. Ask yourself this: How can we be having emissions problems if we have people in decision making positions who know how to end the problems? Emissions problems are very solvable but require political will for those solutions to be put into play.

Do you suppose the emissions regulators talk to the doctors? Do you suppose either of those groups know one iota about Chemical Winter?

I spent some time on the phone talking to the decision makers at Environment Canada and the Ontario Ministry of the Environment to determine what their levels of expertise could be. The conversations leads me to believe our Environment Ministries are little more than a collection of Headless Horsemen who showed an ability to memorize in the school system but unfortunately did not develop the ability to reason or think.

The inability to think things through is evident right through our society at every level in every discipline. That's why there are so many workers and so few business owners. To be a successful business owner, you have to be able to think. To be an employee, you have to be able to follow instructions. Sure you have to think too, but the degree and necessity for deep thought is a much shallower exercise. Most don't even do that.

The last book I wrote - Abuse of Power illustrated what I've just said perfectly.

I went to Auto Fest in Oshawa - a huge car show with thousands of auto enthusiasts in attendance. People who restore cars to this level are exceptionally skilled and resourceful. They are very smart about what they do and how they do it. For the most part, the cars in car shows are far better built than any manufacturer was ever able to do.

Surrounded by all these ostensibly smart people, I had this book that was entirely relevant to their way of life. But the level of interest was near zero. Most could not get past the concept that street racing is dangerous and needs to be stopped. Some got very animated on the subject. Bear in mind that virtually 100% of these people were street racers themselves in their younger days and all of the cars from the mid-sixties to mid-seventies in the show were built by the manufacturers expressly for street racing. Also bear in mind that the book is not about whether or not street racing should or should not be allowed. It's about the fact that the law was passed by fraudulent means and that it illegally denies rights and destabilizes all of Ontario's existing legislation. As if that isn't bad enough, it enabled the police to acquire powers that took a thousand years of hard fought political battles in several countries to take away from people like them. And McGuinty handed it right back to them without a struggle. The facts and statistics were pulled out of context and a bill of goods was sold to the legislature without the required alternatives being explored first.

These brilliant people did not get it.

This is the mentality the Aboriginals have been fighting for centuries.

Angus made a good point about native youths and their disinclination to shift for themselves. The centuries of government abuse have instilled in native culture what is known as a victim's mentality. It's a syndrome that is easy to instill, difficult to break. That's because those who acquire it get crafty when they realize how easy it is to garner misplaced sympathy and cash/food. This is a trait that is common to all including entire countries, societies, animals, birds, reptiles and even some fish. It's a sneaky way of asserting leverage. It's not something you can blame an individual for. All living things are opportunists and no living thing can be blamed for taking an easy out if it's to their apparent advantage.

Victims-mentality exhibitors tend not to see the big picture. Not because they can't but because the big picture may not appear to be in their best interests and changing direction to accommodate it generally means a disruption of their comfort zone. Literally no one wants to work when a living will be handed to them with little or no effort on their part. Especially when the handout are given in such a way that current benefits are curtailed in tune with the amount of work done. In short, the system often has a way of penalizing people for entering the work force. Single mothers are an excellent example of this.

The situation common to Third World countries is this same scenario on a larger scale. We victimized them, then gave them medicine that increased their survival rate beyond what their physical natural resources can support. Now they are all on life support from the developed world while we continue to rape their natural resources and steal their best thinkers and most skilled workers. Thus we are ensuring that Third World countries can never progress beyond their miserable status.

There are pockets of prosperity that are the exception rather than the rule but those pockets of development are in precarious positions surrounded by vast populations in need. It's only a matter of time before they are overrun and the same goes for us unless we tighten up our borders and legislation.

If we don't the problems faced by Aboriginals in this country will be swamped in a sea of immigration - a telling factor that is already asserting itself.

What Tango said about how talking to the government is like talking to yourself is nearly exactly right. The difference is when you talk to the government in front of an audience. While you can't expect your words to have a direct effect, there is a trickle down effect that can have noticeable impact.

My environmental efforts when I ran for Mayor of Pickering were noticed and even though I didn't win, I had a greening influence on the entire Pickering Council as well as the thousands of people who voted for me.

Charter.rights has a point too especially when it comes to government officials. People tend to think elected officials are knowledgeable people. Just like the public, some are, some aren't.

What I learned from running municipally and provincially, is that while people say they want better candidates, mostly they want comfort. Most voters have almost no idea what the issues are, never mind the rights and wrongs of the issues.

When it comes to delivering the cold, hard facts, politicians and the public stampede in the opposite direction - especially when those facts are contrary to their entrenched personal beliefs.

That's why religion is still with us despite common sense. That's why George Bush was elected a second time. Public stupidity is difficult to underestimate. But there is no law against stupidity so politicians with charisma and little else acquire decision making positions despite having no understanding of the issues.

Emissions are a good example. We have emissions regulators. We have medical people. We have emissions problems. Ask yourself this: How can we be having emissions problems if we have people in decision making positions who know how to end the problems? Emissions problems are very solvable but require political will for those solutions to be put into play.

Do you suppose the emissions regulators talk to the doctors? Do you suppose either of those groups know one iota about Chemical Winter?

I spent some time on the phone talking to the decision makers at Environment Canada and the Ontario Ministry of the Environment to determine what their levels of expertise could be. The conversations leads me to believe our Environment Ministries are little more than a collection of Headless Horsemen who showed an ability to memorize in the school system but unfortunately did not develop the ability to reason or think.

The inability to think things through is evident right through our society at every level in every discipline. That's why there are so many workers and so few business owners. To be a successful business owner, you have to be able to think. To be an employee, you have to be able to follow instructions. Sure you have to think too, but the degree and necessity for deep thought is a much shallower exercise. Most don't even do that.

The last book I wrote - Abuse of Power illustrated what I've just said perfectly.

I went to Auto Fest in Oshawa - a huge car show with thousands of auto enthusiasts in attendance. People who restore cars to this level are exceptionally skilled and resourceful. They are very smart about what they do and how they do it. For the most part, the cars in car shows are far better built than any manufacturer was ever able to do.

Surrounded by all these ostensibly smart people, I had this book that was entirely relevant to their way of life. But the level of interest was near zero. Most could not get past the concept that street racing is dangerous and needs to be stopped. Some got very animated on the subject. Bear in mind that virtually 100% of these people were street racers themselves in their younger days and all of the cars from the mid-sixties to mid-seventies in the show were built by the manufacturers expressly for street racing. Also bear in mind that the book is not about whether or not street racing should or should not be allowed. It's about the fact that the law was passed by fraudulent means and that it illegally denies rights and destabilizes all of Ontario's existing legislation. As if that isn't bad enough, it enabled the police to acquire powers that took a thousand years of hard fought political battles in several countries to take away from people like them. And McGuinty handed it right back to them without a struggle. The facts and statistics were pulled out of context and a bill of goods was sold to the legislature without the required alternatives being explored first.

These brilliant people did not get it.

This is the mentality the Aboriginals have been fighting for centuries.

Angus made a good point about native youths and their disinclination to shift for themselves. The centuries of government abuse have instilled in native culture what is known as a victim's mentality. It's a syndrome that is easy to instill, difficult to break. That's because those who acquire it get crafty when they realize how easy it is to garner misplaced sympathy and cash/food. This is a trait that is common to all including entire countries, societies, animals, birds, reptiles and even some fish. It's a sneaky way of asserting leverage. It's not something you can blame an individual for. All living things are opportunists and no living thing can be blamed for taking an easy out if it's to their apparent advantage.

Victims-mentality exhibitors tend not to see the big picture. Not because they can't but because the big picture may not appear to be in their best interests and changing direction to accommodate it generally means a disruption of their comfort zone. Literally no one wants to work when a living will be handed to them with little or no effort on their part. Especially when the handout are given in such a way that current benefits are curtailed in tune with the amount of work done. In short, the system often has a way of penalizing people for entering the work force. Single mothers are an excellent example of this.

The situation common to Third World countries is this same scenario on a larger scale. We victimized them, then gave them medicine that increased their survival rate beyond what their physical natural resources can support. Now they are all on life support from the developed world while we continue to rape their natural resources and steal their best thinkers and most skilled workers. Thus we are ensuring that Third World countries can never progress beyond their miserable status.

There are pockets of prosperity that are the exception rather than the rule but those pockets of development are in precarious positions surrounded by vast populations in need. It's only a matter of time before they are overrun and the same goes for us unless we tighten up our borders and legislation.

If we don't the problems faced by Aboriginals in this country will be swamped in a sea of immigration - a telling factor that is already asserting itself.

As I was driving east on the 401 this morning a new sign replaced the one that used to say that 50% of Tyendinaga residents were without clean water. The new one makes a startling statement, as well.

3000 missing women in Canada - 80% of them are aboriginal!

Understand that this is not some casual statistic. It is proof that 1. missing native women are a low priority for law enforcement 2. aboriginal women are over targeted for criminal acts and 3. all women are most likely to be forgotten by the system. This is a systemic problem that we need to address on all fronts.

all women are most likely to be forgotten by the system. This is a systemic problem that we need to address on all fronts.

Will wonders never cease!

You finally posted something that isn't just a figment of your imagination.

Now all you have to do is work on your communication skills, see if you can actually talk to people without tossing juvenile insults around.

Will wonders never cease!

You finally posted something that isn't just a figment of your imagination.

Now all you have to do is work on your communication skills, see if you can actually talk to people without tossing juvenile insults around.

Ah you misguided soul. I was merely volleying back what was first deliver by you. Grow up child.