The Coward of Caledonia?

So now it's "white nationalists" and not "white supremacists". Funny how the pro-Indian side always has to attach a supposed skin colour to their opponents.

In terms of trolls, it's interesting that you would make such an assertion. I suppose you're aware of the fact that the moderators are also aware of your presence here, too.

I occasionally slip and refer to them that way, but they identify themselves as "white nationalists"

just to be clear.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the pro-Indian side always has to attach a supposed skin colour to their opponents.

It could have something to do with the fact that they're, how should I put this? Ummm...how bout very race concious.

I see that frequently when I go to the local pub and a few always like to use whitey and try to pick fights, unless it's one on one. They don't want anything to do with that.

It could have something to do with the fact that they're, how should I put this? Ummm...how bout very race concious.

I see that frequently when I go to the local pub and a few always like to use whitey and try to pick fights, unless it's one on one. They don't want anything to do with that.

Speaking of 'race conscious', Angus ... you are just jumping all over about me mentioning 'white nationalists', aren't you?

hmmm

Certainly ... except none of the settlers paid their mortgages or leases, so all agreements are in default and the land HAS ALREADY reverted to Six Nations, according to the terms of the leases and mortgages arranged by the government. See?

I can see you're confusing the land sales/leases of the 1790s with the land sales of 1841. Can you see that?

I don't believe there is any difference, noah: NONE but a few lots were paid, all are in default, and reverted to Six Nations long ago.

There's no difference in the fact that the lands were sold or surrendered and therefore there is no valid claim to them. Saying that this is not the case doesn't change this fact. Maybe there's an issue when it comes to how money was handled in respect to the Indians; the government, I suppose, has some responsibility in assuring that the Indians benefitted from the land sales since they couldn't do it themselves. But it's a complex issue, and difficult to sort out since everyone involved is long dead, and I don't think that the truth of the matter can ever be determined; sadly, the "settlement" will likely be based on politics and misplaced sympathy for the Indians, and in the end the rest of Canada gets screwed out of yet more money for something that none of us was responsible for. The Indians may get X-amount of millions of dollars out of this, but I think the general trend towards increased concern and sympathy for Indians in this province at least has peaked because of Caledonia, and I'm sure that if things were to happen to members of Six Nations not many people would be all that concerned anymore.

There's no difference in the fact that the lands were sold or surrendered and therefore there is no valid claim to them. Saying that this is not the case doesn't change this fact. Maybe there's an issue when it comes to how money was handled in respect to the Indians; the government, I suppose, has some responsibility in assuring that the Indians benefitted from the land sales since they couldn't do it themselves. But it's a complex issue, and difficult to sort out since everyone involved is long dead, and I don't think that the truth of the matter can ever be determined; sadly, the "settlement" will likely be based on politics and misplaced sympathy for the Indians, and in the end the rest of Canada gets screwed out of yet more money for something that none of us was responsible for. The Indians may get X-amount of millions of dollars out of this, but I think the general trend towards increased concern and sympathy for Indians in this province at least has peaked because of Caledonia, and I'm sure that if things were to happen to members of Six Nations not many people would be all that concerned anymore.

The truth is written in black ands white very clearly on the lease and mortgage agreements arranged by the government. They say that if payment is in default, the land reverts to Six Nations.

The Haldimand Tract reverted to Six Nations long ago, but the government doesn't have the guts to tell Canadians that they issued them fraudulent 'land titles', though most people know it is true.

Six Nations will do a much better job of informing people of the truth. Our governments don't seem to know what "truth" is.

The 1841 surrender of the Plank Road is no longer relevant. It put the land in trust of the government, but none of the sales and lease payments were made - except a few lots in Caledonia perhaps - so all of the land reverted to Six Nations due to default on payment.

I'm sure that if things were to happen to members of Six Nations not many people would be all that concerned anymore.

That is a disgusting, threatening, violent statement, and will be saved and remembered in the event something does happen to anyone. I will point the cops to you.

Seems like you are really losing your grip. :P :P :lol: :lol:

Edited by joan

Land claims are not political, but legal. Dalton can only stretch the law so far, and he is way beyond it anyway: Ontario has failed to consult with Six Nations about development on disputed land, so developments is being halted until he does. Makes perfect legal sense to me.

Personally, I'm sick of natives who put up road blocks. Especially armed ones in camo like the Penticton band....and now these Caledonia bozos.

Terrorists, all.

------------------------------------------------

By your mountains steep,

Or down where the prairie grasses sweep,

Now fold in slumber your laggard wings,

For soft is the song my paddle sings.

---E. Pauline Johnson

The truth is written in black ands white very clearly on the lease and mortgage agreements arranged by the government. They say that if payment is in default, the land reverts to Six Nations.

That's right, "written in black and white". Perhaps if the Indians had been inclined to educate themselves, they would be able to present more of an argument than "we have a two-row wampum that says..."

That is a disgusting, threatening, violent statement, and will be saved and remembered in the event something does happen to anyone. I will point the cops to you.

It's hardly a threat, rather an observation, one that I would hope would cause you to reflect on the fact that people have grown less sympathetic towards the Indians. Guess not.

Funny that you would inform the police of anything; I thought they were the instrument by which "white supremacist" Canadian government oppresses the people. Now you suddenly recognize them as a legitimate instrument for enforcing legitimate laws. Nice flip-flop. I'll tell you one thing, the police do keep files on social activists, radicals, and other forms of agitators, so my guess is that have something on you, and know all about how you work; so I wouldn't expect them to take you all that serious.

That's right, "written in black and white". Perhaps if the Indians had been inclined to educate themselves, they would be able to present more of an argument than "we have a two-row wampum that says..."

It's hardly a threat, rather an observation, one that I would hope would cause you to reflect on the fact that people have grown less sympathetic towards the Indians. Guess not.

Funny that you would inform the police of anything; I thought they were the instrument by which "white supremacist" Canadian government oppresses the people. Now you suddenly recognize them as a legitimate instrument for enforcing legitimate laws. Nice flip-flop. I'll tell you one thing, the police do keep files on social activists, radicals, and other forms of agitators, so my guess is that have something on you, and know all about how you work; so I wouldn't expect them to take you all that serious.

Only you would make a sick "observation" like that.

You are the one protesting the police. I have no problem with them.

Personally, I'm sick of natives who put up road blocks. Especially armed ones in camo like the Penticton band....and now these Caledonia bozos.

Terrorists, all.

------------------------------------------------

By your mountains steep,

Or down where the prairie grasses sweep,

Now fold in slumber your laggard wings,

For soft is the song my paddle sings.

---E. Pauline Johnson

Well Pauline Johnson was a (Mohawk) "terrorist" too then! :lol:

They are sons and grandsons, doing what their wives, mothers and especially their grandmothers want them too, that's all: defending the law, both theirs and ours ... because our governments don't 'observe' our laws or uphold our Constitution, see.

Next time you see them, just wave and say thanks. Upholding Canada's Constitution is a tough job, but somebody has to do it!! ;)

Well Pauline Johnson was a (Mohawk) "terrorist" too then!

They are sons and grandsons, doing what their wives, mothers and especially their grandmothers want them too, that's all: defending the law, both theirs and ours ... because our governments don't 'observe' our laws or uphold our Constitution, see.

Next time you see them, just wave and say thanks. Upholding Canada's Constitution is a tough job, but somebody has to do it!!

Half-Mowhawk...

Big Pauline Johnson fan. I have a first edition raw-hide bound copy of 'Legends of Vancouver'. Pauline never set up a road block.

I'm more of a native than most of the so-called real McCoy. At least I understand the function and usage of a garbage can...yea olde 'great spirit' aside. Maybe it's just the BC indians...but, I'm not impressed by what I've seen.

--------------------------------------------------

Why did I overlook Pauline Johnson? Perhaps because, being half-white, she somehow didn’t rate as the real thing, even among Natives.

---Margaret Atwood

Half-Mowhawk...

Big Pauline Johnson fan. I have a first edition raw-hide bound copy of 'Legends of Vancouver'. Pauline never set up a road block.

I'm more of a native than most of the so-called real McCoy. At least I understand the function and usage of a garbage can...yea olde 'great spirit' aside. Maybe it's just the BC indians...but, I'm not impressed by what I've seen.

--------------------------------------------------

Why did I overlook Pauline Johnson? Perhaps because, being half-white, she somehow didn’t rate as the real thing, even among Natives.

---Margaret Atwood

There is no such thing as a "half-Mohawk" or 1/4 or what ever. Either you are Mohawk, or you aren't. It has nothing to do with blood quantum.

There is no such thing as a "half-Mohawk" or 1/4 or what ever. Either you are Mohawk, or you aren't. It has nothing to do with blood quantum.

Ok...fair enough...half-white.

-----------------------------------

...bed goes up...bed goes down...bed goes up...bed goes down...

---Homer Simpson

Not half white either. All 100% Mohawk.

Nice try...but as Margaret Atwood said, she wasn't accepted by the so-called "Mohawks". So now you want her? Doubt you knew who she even was before yesterday...

--------------------------------------------

:P

People who want to identify themselves as Canadians, can't be Mohawk. It is prohibited in their Great Law.

Spoken like a true Canadian.

:lol::lol::lol:

Does one have to go to a "Great Law School", too? Becoming a "Great Lawyer"??

------------------------------------------

I am Homer tribal chief...I am wearing tiny briefs.

---The Simpsons

Spoken like a true Canadian.

:lol::lol::lol:

Does one have to go to a "Great Law School", too? Becoming a "Great Lawyer"??

------------------------------------------

I am Homer tribal chief...I am wearing tiny briefs.

---The Simpsons

Maybe you should check out Osgoode Hall. They have a replica of the Two Row Wampum - a recognition of the Confederacy sovereignty - affixed on the wall of their Great Hall. Lawyers are bottom feeders for the most part. I'm not sure becoming a Great Bottom Feeder is something to get excited about.

Maybe you should check out Osgoode Hall. They have a replica of the Two Row Wampum - a recognition of the Confederacy sovereignty - affixed on the wall of their Great Hall.

That's just super. Hamas has a charter, too.

People who want to identify themselves as Canadians, can't be Mohawk.

Well she was shuned by her 'own people'...so I suppose she didn't have a choice. Her husband was also attacked for trying to stop the trade of illegally cut timber for whiskey which made her even more unpopular with the "Mohawks".

---------------------------------------------

There shall be One Parliament for Canada, consisting of the Queen, an Upper House styled the Senate, and the House of Commons.

---The Constitution Act, 1867, section 17