Insults and proper names

That quotation in my signature which YOU present as an insult was very well defended and explained, in my opinion. It is not presented as a cheap, drive-by insult nor as a joke. It is a profound statement of opinion on Canadian culture which transcends politics and I honestly believe it is accurate.
For those who speak English and not Canadian what does that mean?

I, for one, am supportive of the rule. To add to the list, I get tired of reading about "Billary," "Osama Obama," "Lieberals," "Repugs," etc. I don't think terms like that do anything to "promote intelligent discussion," which is the purpose of this board. And I appreciate that.
Nothing wrong with error correction like "Osama Obama," since that strengthens the view that Obama is a patriotic American and not a wanton destroyer of innocent people. How about, instead of "Lieberals," either "Fiberals" or "Grits"?

I'll try my best to abide the rules but I honestly think they are stupid, and unnecessary. The more rules and censorship you add the more dull and boring this forum will become.
I agree. Political correctness is running amock enough in the real world, why import it to the Internet.

I agree. Political correctness is running amock enough in the real world, why import it to the Internet.

Shut up poo head.

Lol. I think that is what they are trying to avoid.

Now of course if I said , "shut up you American poo head " some might confuse that with a political opinion when its still me calling you a poo head.

However on that note, I admit I am a poo head.

Shut up poo head.

Lol. I think that is what they are trying to avoid.

Now of course if I said , "shut up you American poo head " some might confuse that with a political opinion when its still me calling you a poo head.

However on that note, I admit I am a poo head.

How can anything be polictially correct when the very core of politics is one incorrection after another followed by a mistake then followed by a lie...toss in one half truth into the mix - that sounds real incorrect - it's impossible to be politically correct. Show me one correct and proper motion in any political forum...and I will show you a diamond that size of a water mellon......poo head - that is so nasty - if the CRTC had charge over you I would put in a complaint...or maybe sue you throught the human rights tribunal..oops - they don't have the time...seeing they are busy considering if a truban has the same protective power as a motor cycle helmet...to hell with our aged in dirty diapers...speaking of poo head - turbans - diapers - it all fits.

• 11 months later...
Everybody,

Please avoid using colloquialisms. Not surprisingly, the most recent one is "Iggy" and I want you guys all to avoid it.

Thanks!

Ch. A.

I never used Iggy as I thought it was a term of endearment and he is my enemy so I wanted to avoid using cuddly names. Makes sense though, he is an elected MP not a teddy bear, give him the respect he's earned by being elected. Duly noted sir.

The rules should be there to deal with problems, and they shouldn't exist as a source of debate and discussion themselves. Social situations work best with minimal arbitration, and hopefully we can continue in this way. ( I have ruined a few forums and almost driven myself crazy by becoming a magistrate of forum rules. )

Let's move forward.

SB

If they can do it to each other, so can we. Is that not the best example of politics in action?

Except that we're also on here criticizing them for their bad behavior. I don't think it's asking too much of us to be better than politicians. Certainly, I wouldn't expect Harper or Ignatieff to admit they made a mistake in the HofC but I would expect a poster here to admit if their argument was wrong. I certainly would.

May as well keep the language accurate and the names proper. After all this forum is supposedly comprised of intelligent people...myself - the artist entertainer comes out and I attempt to be colourful - entertainment does not pay the bills when it comes to finding good and useful solutions. Let me get this straight - Mr. Dithers is not Paul Martin and "Stevie" is Prime Minister Harper...got it! Sort of reminds me of some dumb movie extras who are nobodys - who refere to Sharon Stone as Sharon ---- as if they know her.. :rolleyes:

Everybody,

Please avoid using colloquialisms. Not surprisingly, the most recent one is "Iggy" and I want you guys all to avoid it.

Thanks!

Ch. A.

His name, Ignatieff (sp) is tough to spell.

What about that I'm-a-dinner-jacket fellow, is he still fair game?

You mean - and the proper spelling and pronoucement is Imadinnerjob...get that straight! And Iggys (excuse the informality) real name in Ukrainian or Russian is Ignatius ---after the saint...pronounced Ignotfifff....but Iggy is not a good way to address him ---It's like being on a construction sight and your name is Peter - once they start calling you Petie...you will find out that in time you will be getting the coffee and diging the ditch rather than the fine carving.

• 2 years later...

Good idea for bumping this. I hate to name names, but Waldo seems to come up with his own names for everyone he disagrees with. Not counting the usual insults he likes to throw around.

Thsi sanctimonious drivel from a guy who got up on his high horse last summer in a thread about how he never resorts to calling anyone names,then called:

Me...A dirtbag

Bubbles...a Communist

And either Bloodyminded or ToadBrother...an idiot

You wear the Professor monicker well,Professor....

I hate to name names...

au contraire, lil' buddy... as I said in your most recent pissant whinefest, your objections to the fine declaratives such as, "ShadyPractices and/or ShadyDubiousSources" are misplaced - these are certainly not names; rather, they are simply, as I stated, useful explanatory descriptive aids.