Ottawa school threatened after Christmas song cuts

Leafless

or is dumb.... boo hoo.... say she is freaking stupid....

So how exactly is your post any more "intelligent" than her letter? I suppose this never occurred to you while you were huffing and puffing and furiously pounding out yet another brilliant post. I'll refrain from characterizing the creative energy behind your post. No sense stooping to your level.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada is NOT a Christian country.

Yes, Canada is a Christian country in many respects; it was certainly founded with Christianity as the only religion, and Canadians still adhere to a worldview that is heavily influenced by Christianity. Christianity is, incidently, the one true religion, and therefore it's in Canada's best interest to maintain its Christian heritage.

So how exactly is your post any more "intelligent" than her letter? I suppose this never occurred to you while you were huffing and puffing and furiously pounding out yet another brilliant post. I'll refrain from characterizing the creative energy behind your post. No sense stooping to your level.

I suppose it never occurred to you to read why I thought she was stupid did it? Oh well, maybe you did , but I know you certainly wouldn't want to acknowledge the truth, as seen by your numerous erroneous posts.

Naw, no huffing and puffing nor any furious pounding. Thats best left to proselytizers.....

The fact is she hasnt got a clue what she was saying , not one iota of understanding what she attempted to rail against and doubtful if she ever will. Apparently, she has company. Is she nice?

Yes, Canada is a Christian country in many respects; it was certainly founded with Christianity as the only religion, and Canadians still adhere to a worldview that is heavily influenced by Christianity. Christianity is, incidently, the one true religion, and therefore it's in Canada's best interest to maintain its Christian heritage.

Wish all you want....and you would still be wrong.

She is mad at and should be mad at christians. They are part and parcel the reason it is commercial. Guess she didnt figure that one out either.

You are SO right, guyser. 'Christians' who lament the crassness of Christmas need only look to the 'Christian' merchants in their congregations for the reasons for that!

Christianity is, incidently, the one true religion, and therefore it's in Canada's best interest to maintain its Christian heritage.

That sounds a bit threatening. Are you suggesting that deviance from "the one true religion" will result in god visiting his wrath upon us for not maintaining our Christian heritage? Should we all tremble now?

There is no true religion, just mythology. Zeus, Odin, Osiris, Allah, Buddha, God...... a good myth can guide people's actions, help them see the distinctions between good and evil, inspire them to strive for a better life..... they are powerful and serve a purpose, but they are myths, not facts.

If Christianity is "the one true religion" I know why I am not religious!

"Christian" churches killed thousands of children in the residential schools and destroyed the lives of tens of thousands more.

How is that consistent with your "Christian" values?

'Christian values' make me puke, because they are entirely hypocrisy. Churches bend to power and money, and support the corporate culture of greed and superiority. THAT is what Christian churches are about!

Don't tell me Canada is 'Christian'. There is no requirement that Canadians be Christian, nor even have to respect Christianity. Christianity has done plenty to earn the disrespect and disgust. Defend it if you want to, but DO NOT TRY TO IMPOSE THE MURDEROUS HYPOCRISY THAT IS 'CHRISTIANITY' ON ME !!

I am Canadian. I am not Christian nor will I ever be, and I have a better chance of immortality than most 'Christians' who always seek to impose their beliefs on others (a violation of the Charter Right to freedom of religion.) Canada is NOT a Christian country in ANY sense of the word.

Take your religion and SHOVE IT! It's disgusting.

Imposing Christian celebrations on those who don't want them is oppression.

imo

Edited by joan

"Christian" churches killed thousands of children in the residential schools and destroyed the lives of tens of thousands more.

The crime is a crime of genocide. We can take them to court.

Do you have names, dates place of death and where they are buried?

The Truth and Reconciliation Commission is set to convene this year. Unfortunately the Harper government has been appointing representatives of complicit Churches to sit on the panel. That is like asking a rapist to sit in on a hearing to determine if his victim was really a victim.

Truth and Reconciliation

However, it was genocide and there are lots of witnesses to the murders, rapes and beatings and they know where some of the bodies were buried. Again unfortunately the United Church, the Catholic Church and others also had records but destroyed many and have closed their records to the public once the they announced the Commission.

Hidden from History

Their families may know. However, most were buried in unmarked graves and their recodrs may have been expunged (who knows).

Strangely, the churches have not been very forthcoming with that information yet! (Imagine that!)

However, formal requests are being delivered, have been delivered in Vancouver already. 30 days for the BC Catholic church to respond.

Yes Canada does have a law against genocide ... now ... albeit as watered down as they could make it: Only since 2000, 4 years after the last residential school closed (Imagine that!), despite an obligation to do so outstanding to the UN since 1948.

But we are off topic.

I was just expressing my EXTREME disdain for kengs claim that Canada is a 'Christian' country, and explaining in no uncertain terms why I object so strenuously: I see the Christian churches as extremely evil and corrupt and far beyond redemption.

I will never accept that argument, and I will never accept religious indoctrination/imposition in any secular public school. We fought hard to get rid of it.

May know? I would think if they had a child murdered they would know, wouldn't you?

I'm sure if there is evidence the wheels of juistice will turn, If there's no evidece ......I'm sure that won't stop the activists from spreading their lies and propagance to extort more guilt money.

May know? I would think if they had a child murdered they would know, wouldn't you?

I'm sure if there is evidence the wheels of juistice will turn, If there's no evidece ......I'm sure that won't stop the activists from spreading their lies and propagance to extort more guilt money.

Well, pig, your hateful comment deserves no response, so this is for other more intelligent and less hate-filled people:

They would know only that their child didn't come home with the other children. They were never told that children died:

http://www2.anglican.ca/primate/hutchison/.../2007-03-28.htm

Many did not return to their homes and families for years; others died at the schools and their parents were never told of their deaths.

I believe the Anglican Church is insinuating that it was government policy not to tell parents their children died. That policy sure gave the pedophiles and psychopaths a clear path! But that was the governments purpose, imo.

Ethnic cleansing has many tentacles.

I suggest, however, that you not derail this thread any further.

The topic is "Christmas songs", or lack thereof.

Edited by joan

They would know only that their child didn't come home. They were never told that children died, pig.

So you are saying they forgot they had kids? 1000s of parents forgot they had kids who disappeaered? What kind of parent forgets they have kids? Certainly not very smart parents. Imaine that, thousands of not very smart parents forgetting they had kids.

No, I don't thinks these thousand of parents whose children were murdered and they forgot were stupid, or forgetful....I think they are imaginary.

Which is why there are no names. No parents. No birth Certificates. No death certificates. No graves.

k

Well, pig, your hateful comment deserves no response, so this is for other more intelligent and less hate-filled people:

They would know only that their child didn't come home with the other children. They were never told that children died:

http://www2.anglican.ca/primate/hutchison/.../2007-03-28.htm

Many did not return to their homes and families for years; others died at the schools and their parents were never told of their deaths.

I believe the Anglican Church is insinuating that it was government policy not to tell parents their children died. That policy sure gave the pedophiles and psychopaths a clear path! But that was the governments purpose, imo.

Ethnic cleansing has many tentacles.

I suggest, however, that you not derail this thread any further.

The topic is "Christmas songs", or lack thereof.

Many? I thought the number was 1000s....I have no doubt some kids died while at school. Some kids died while I was in school. Kids die. But I didn't see him say they were murdered...orn that there were thousands.....only that there were many....as in, my, I;ve been insulted many times tonight.....