Dean - Just Another Idiot

Howard Dean, the barbarian from Vermont wants to tear down civilised policies, retract from foreign obligations, allow Islam to defeat the West and make sure the US economy becomes second rate.

The Libs who are in thrall to Teacher's Unions and Tort Lawyers profess to be for 'the little guy.' Yeah right. Dean's plan would force roughly two million low-income working Americans -- that's roughly three times the population of the state of Delaware -- who don't pay any income taxes now, to start paying them. This is the candidate who says he's going to be the voice of the little guy in Washington. On average US taxes per family under Dean would go up by NET $2700. Nice one.

The Liberals are out to murder the average family's savings.

Just since the Bush tax cut, the increased valuation of the stock market has increased the net wealth of American households by more than $1 trillion, according the American Shareholders Association. Repealing those tax cuts would impel the market to surrender those higher share prices. Since half of American households now have their savings stored in stocks, this market give-back also will put a severe dent in family finances. So the Dean tax is a double whammy on households: It reduces their after-tax income and reduces their wealth. Nice one.

The worst thing for Canada is that Dean wins in 04. Pray for a Bush landslide. Dean is such an incompetent bonehead that he will destroy the bullish economy now in train in the US.

Dean and his tax plan would raise ALL taxes including the death tax;

Dean Tax

Capital Gains Tax 20% [now at 15 %]

Dividend Tax 39.6 % [now at 15 %]

Income Tax Rate (highest) 39.6 % [now at 35%]

Income Tax Rate (Middle) 28 % [now at 25%]

Income Tax Rate (lowest) 15% [now at 10 %]

Per Child Credit $500 [now at $1000]

Marriage Penalty Tax Back [now eliminated]

Death Tax in 2010 55% [vs. 0 %]

Source: The Club for Growth

This would result in:

-Less investment

-Declining Stock markets

-Job destruction

-GDP contraction not growth

-Less Revenues and larger budget deficits

-Inflation

Welcome to Trudeau Liberalism - US style.

the guy is a rhodes scholar and heart doctor. he has accomplished more in his life then most people ever dream. also he is more educated and intelligent then anybody on this board. anybody can claim they dont like his policies, but lets not pretend he isnt by far the smartest person on either side of the 2004 american election. because he is. and i rarely feel its right to call someone "smarter" then another, but in this case, its true.

sirriff

Just because he's smart and has done alot for himself, doesn't mean he'll be the best leader. I think a little time living with a single-parent, half-income family with 5 kids would do him good. He needs to understand the people he'll be leading, and the only people he probably understands are other scholars and doctors.

The guy is an idiot. He preaches moral equivalency, foreign weakness, economic destruction and lies about how he will help the 'average man'.

The Dumbocrud party is supported not by the average man, but by Hollywood sluts, Trial Lawyers and Teachers Unions. It is in retreat across the US.

The I hate Bush message is something his 10 year old kid must have wrote. If Dean had any idea of history, which he obviously doesn't - he would know you don't beat an incumbent with a message of hate.

As for being a R.S. big deal. Clinton another clown and do nothing President was a RS. The Media also told us Al 'I failed Vanderbilt Law School' and 'I invented the Internet', Gore was a genius. He is just another fat boring mediocrity plying TV talk shows trying to be funny.

Genius indeed. I love it, the Libs always come back with 'but our guy is smarter than your guy'. Really. I take the proof of intelligence from action not whether you brown nosed your profs at Harvard.

Some of the smartest men in history never went to University - some of the most powerful never did well at school - remember a guy called Churchill.......or perhaps that is too historical for you.

Just because he's smart and has done alot for himself, doesn't mean he'll be the best leader. I think a little time living with a single-parent, half-income family with 5 kids would do him good

generally, a highly accomplished man will have the qualities that will allow them to succeed in many situations. i know i would want an intelligent accomplished man leading my country over a life long failure.

call me crazy, but i want the successful, highly education, hard working man to make the most important decisions.

1. Michael Hardner,

I agree with Craig's evaluation of Dean. Dean is well educated and may have been a good physician, but he has no political smarts to qualify him for leading a country, much less a super power.

Even well known Democrats have reservations about Dean's leadership abilities.

Read Carville's comments as follows:

Transcript of CNN's Crossfire interview with Carville Dec.29/03

Carville said:

Well, I'll tell you. The Osama bin Laden thing is going to hurt him. There's no -- there's no excusing this. I can't deny that. I don't know it, but there's something -- let's put it this way. He seems to -- he seems to not appreciate, as I said earlier, the glory of the unspoken thought. But I'm scared to death that this guy just says anything. And it just -- it feels like he's undergone some kind of a political lobotomy here . Is there any kind of assurances that you and the Dean campaign can give worried Democrats, who are mortified that he's going to somehow or another get control of what he says in contrast with this administration on things that people are concerned about?...... we can't prejudge Osama bin Laden? It makes somebody in Keokuk, Iowa uncomfortable. It makes somebody in Bastrop, Louisiana, uncomfortable...

Here's a website with Dean's gaffe's. Bush sometimes says muddles words, but Dean speaks muddled ideas.

Dean's gaffes

2. SirRiff,

All democracies elect well educated leaders now adays-it's a given-but some leaders have better political smarts than others.

For example, Joe Clark is evidently a very smart man IQ wise and Turner was a very accomplished man business wise, but neither could hold a candle to the innate political smarts possessed by Jean Chretien, who barely passed law school.

Jimmy Carter apparently was a brilliant man, but he'll go down as one of America's most ineffectual Presidents. I wouldn't trust Carter to babysit my pet parakeet.

Churchill barely passed into Sandhurst. Roosevelt did not care much for academic achievement. Sir John A liked the bottle more than books. JFK - the liberals white knight - when he wasn't getting expensive assets like PT boats blown out from under his ass, shunned theoretical academics. I know many successful people in life who did poorly at school, some did not go to college. I would hardly give some clown like Dean with his moronic program of left wing liberalism, my confidence over less academically burnished, but more intelligent, worldly and wise individuals. The left for instance calls Eisenhower and Reagan 'stupid' - yes they were so dumb they both won world wars. Yep that is the mark of stupidity alright.

Marks, grades, your Univ. etc. mean very little in the real world. A degree helps, but only helps you in life. There is evidence of higher education being linked with higher incomes, but like everything else the law of diminishing returns sets in. I know 32 yr olds with Phds and just starting to work. Complete waste - 10 years of working life wasted - their views of the world and capabilities are remarkably immature.

But according to the Libs they have Phds and are therefore 'worthy'. I think not - they strike me as babies compared to people who actually get things done in life.

Education with some exceptions is not an infallible indication of future success. Action, focus, effort, perseverance, knowledge, personal and professional skills are more vital.

Dean might come from a blue blood family with the right contacts and pedigrees - but his ideas, policies, ravings and plain immaturity disqualify him from serious service in any branch of life - private or public.

Just another idiot.

New revelations about Dean's actions[or inactions]as Governor of Vermont. As though his mangled ideas are not bad enough, Dean's behaviour is telling.

Dean ignored repeated warnings about the vulnerability of nuclear power plants in Vermont. Ouch.

Bet the folks in heartland America are not amused by this discovery. He,he.

Howard Dean was repeatedly warned about nuke vulnerability, FOX News, Jan.3/04

Presidential hopeful Howard Dean who accuses President Bush of being weak on homeland security, was warned repeatedly as Vermont governor about security lapses at his state's nuclear power plant and was told the state was ill-prepared for a disaster at its most attractive terrorist target.

The warnings, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press, began in 1991 when a group of students were brought into a secure area of the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant without proper screening. On at least two occasions, a gun or mock terrorists passed undetected into the plant during security tests.

During Dean's final year in office in 2002, an audit concluded that despite a decade of repeated warnings of poor safety at Vermont Yankee, Dean's administration was poorly prepared for a nuclear disaster. Security was so lax at Vermont Yankee that in August 2001, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission  staged a drill in which three mock terrorists gained access to the plant.

The agency gave Vermont Yankee the worst security rating among the nation's 103 reactors. The NRC has primary responsibility for safety at Vermont Yankee. But Vermont laws required an active state role by creating a panel to review security and performance and requiring plant operators to set aside money for the state to use in the event of a nuclear disaster . 

But even after Ready's report recommended the state's nuclear preparedness spending triple from $400,000 to $1.2 million, Dean budgeted only half the increase.

The documents contrast with Dean's position as a presidential candidate who has portrayed himself as more concerned about nuclear security than Bush. Environmental groups sent Dean repeated letters about the plant's security and safety. During a 1998 federal security test, mock terrorists sneaked a fake gun past security and six times scaled, undetected, the plant's security perimeter fence.

I know many successful people in life who did poorly at school, some did not go to college

Francisco Pizarro couldn't read or write. With a hundred and sixty men he conquered a five million person empire. Not a very nice guy by any means but if not him then it would have been another.

I wonder, could a University Grad with a PHD in human studies have done the same thing? Doubt it, probably would have fallen victim to the sacrificial knife.

Action, practicality, common sense, COURAGE, convictions, morality - none of these are taught in school today.

Memorisation, abstraction, human rights and entitlements [give me i deserve it i am aggrieved], revisionist history [if it is taught at all], self esteem, self actualisation - these are taught.

Education is useful - only if you LEARN what is actually needed, used and relevant in life.

Studying Schopenhauer and getting a PHD in advanced philosophy might be interesting - but not working, not living and not experiencing life is a huge price to pay to revel in abstract theory. I know kids who are 29 who have never worked but study. How relevant are they in our world ?

Irrevelant they are - and they can only survive if the 'doers' make enough money to pay for them.

Dean's education is inconsequential. I have met too many Harvard trained jackasses to take their degrees seriously. What do you do ? What have you done ? Where is the action ? What are the plans ? Concrete, hard, discernible measureable.

Dean fails the reality test. Destroying the US economy and disengaging from the war on terror - all to gain power - so another fat guy can be head of the class - is the LAST thing we need.