Conservative attack ads

Well he did a good job peeving off the Martimes, how many seats did Harper get there?

You really aren't going to win in the Maritimes unless you completely abandon any idea of fiscal responsibility and throw money at them. There is only one thing the Maritimes want from a federal political party - money. They want assurance of heavy transfer payments for welfare, of generous pogey payments, and of all kinds of incentives and funding projects. Realistically, there is no way a conservative government going to be able to compete there with the Liberals and NDP. They did well enough when the likes of Joe Clark were in charge, but the PC party was not in any way, shape or form ©onservative, fiscally or otherwise.

That being said, Harper pretty much has abandoned much of his fiscal conservatism, and threw it out the window when it came to trying to bribe Quebec. He'd have done far better to give that money to the Maritimes. Maritimers are more eager to be bought and they aren't bigots like the Quebecois, liable to be swayed by a call to protect the race.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to see where he is aiming his ad. It seems hard to believe that it will appeal in great numbers in any part of the province.

Apparently there are a number of more conservative french in the Quebec city area. That is where most of their seats are, and he may be trying to reinforce them.

Seems much of the media has gotten the message. Why haven't you?

So, we should believe the media rather than formulate our own opinions? We should swallow whole what the media tells us because they get it right? This is one for the books dobbin.

The accusation is that the BQ are soft on pedophiles.

You mean the media is accusing the Tories of accusing the Bloc as being soft on pedophiles. Big difference.

You mean they're not saying Harper's a sociopath?

The way he behaves with his ad campaigns it is hard not to think of another word for it. Self destructive behaviour/

Some of those seats are safe Tory seats. The ad highlighting how the Bloc voted on minimum sentencing is designed to get the Tory message out to those who don't normally vote for them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Several pollsters such as Leger, CROP and EKOS now say there are no safe seats in Quebec. You disagree?

So, we should believe the media rather than formulate our own opinions? We should swallow whole what the media tells us because they get it right? This is one for the books dobbin.

Don't believe the media then. You seem to think this is a winning formula.

You mean the media is accusing the Tories of accusing the Bloc as being soft on pedophiles. Big difference.

What do you think a picture of a man leading a child away means? Stop being so reticent about saying what is truly the message of that picture.

I asked if you believed the media could be blamed, didn't I? Then I asked if that was where Harper was going. If you are a party member then you could find out.

Sorry not a party member have no idea how to find out, and I doubt very much a member of any party could find out were a leader is going with any media campaign.

Apparently there are a number of more conservative french in the Quebec city area. That is where most of their seats are, and he may be trying to reinforce them.

He must have some remarkable internal polling telling him it is a winning issue. Every indication is that Harper is viewed negatively every time he uses the attack strategy.

It is the accusation and you know it. You just listen to your Tory handlers.

You are trying to spin it so that it is the accusation you want it to be, but again its you putting words in other peoples mouths, for political gain. You have no proof dobbin because the flyer itself contridicts what you are saying. Until you can back up you accuasation with a quote from a tory MP you are fabricating lies.

You are trying to spin it so that it is the accusation you want it to be, but again its you putting words in other peoples mouths, for political gain. You have no proof dobbin because the flyer itself contridicts what you are saying. Until you can back up you accuasation with a quote from a tory MP you are fabricating lies.

The flyer has a picture of a man leading a child away. What d you think that means? Tell me, please. I'd really like to know.

This is the caption:

Your Bloc MP voted against the protection of children.

You think that no one could possibly make the connection of the Tories accusing the BQ of being soft on pedophiles?

You have yet to provide proof of tories wanting to put ten year olds in prision, lets see the proof.

How about 14 year olds in prison:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/story/2...25/duceppe.html

Duceppe said Harper's proposal to revamp the Youth Criminal Justice Act — including making 14-year-olds eligible for life in prison — would violate international agreements on children's rights.

The flyer has a picture of a man leading a child away. What d you think that means? Tell me, please. I'd really like to know.

This is the caption:

You think that no one could possibly make the connection of the Tories accusing the BQ of being soft on pedophiles?

Well you are moving away from your previous accusation its getting softer.

It is a flyer about the bloc being soft on crime. The message on it says as much. Is pedophilia not a crime?

You said ten year olds.

Besides you are using Duceppe's comments, which has no proof or context how about we read the bill?

I think you are losing it. I was raising Duceppe's comments because they are as over the top as Harper's are.

Duceppe was trying to say the Tories wanted to put children in prison so they could be raped by adults as some sort of punishment. Harper is trying to say that the BQ is soft on pedophiles.

Understandable, both comments soured people on politicians in general.

Well you are moving away from your previous accusation its getting softer.

It is a flyer about the bloc being soft on crime. The message on it says as much. Is pedophilia not a crime?

It isn't just about crime. It says the BQ are not protecting children and that they are soft on the issue. To emphasize the point, they have a man leading away a child. You know full well the message is that the BQ are soft on pedophiles.

Gutter politics.

I think you are losing it. I was raising Duceppe's comments because they are as over the top as Harper's are.

Duceppe was trying to say the Tories wanted to put children in prison so they could be raped by adults as some sort of punishment. Harper is trying to say that the BQ is soft on pedophiles.

Understandable, both comments soured people on politicians in general.

not what you said I quote "And the Tories want to put 10 year olds in adult prisons? " Spin Spin Spin, getting dizzy yet?

not what you said I quote "And the Tories want to put 10 year olds in adult prisons? " Spin Spin Spin, getting dizzy yet?

I was making fun of the other poster who said all other parties are soft on crime. Getting it yet?