Top Posters In This Topic

Lib $3,231,006.16

NDP $1,909,073.49

Grn $666,909.02

BQ $261,168.10

Cons $7,863,803.1

Enjoy.

Thanks.

"In other words 52% of all the donations whose date we can ascertain from the party's 4th quarter return, were made on or after December 9, 2008, the date on which Michael Ignatieff's ascension to the interim leadership of the Liberal Party became evident. Hence, the "Ignatieff effect".

It will be interesting to see the next quarter, which is coming up soon. However, when Canadians are feeling the effect of the economy, I'm not sure that higher political donations will endear them to anyone. I'm impressed that most of my correspondence from the Liberals does not include a request for money, and they now take donations as low as $ 5.00; appreciating that people can't afford a 25, or 50 dollar minimum.

They've started a new approach and it may take a while to see if it works. My friends can't believe I'm donating money to a political party, so if I can be inspired by a soft sell and not turned off by a hard sell, who knows?

Right now our focus should be elsewhere and so should their's.

Ivy League means nothing. - but he may just be a highly educated fool.

Read one of books. You'll see why those Ivy League schools went after him. He saw inhumanity at it's worse levels. Bodies stacked. Children's corpses with shining eyes still open. He spent time in a Guerilla camp with tents of clear plastic over branches. He spoke with rebel leaders, warlords, soldiers and peasants, and could relate to them all; telling their stories with compassion and insight.

He was not a teacher first.

I've not had an admiration for Ivy League Professors, but I have for journalists who risk life and limb in wartorn countries so that we know what is happening there, and not just accept official reports. They are rarely accurate.

So you don't have to like Michael Ignatieff. You don't have to vote for Michael Ignatieff. But he is not a professor who happened to film and write about conflict, he is a journalist who filmed and wrote about conflict and it's human costs, and was asked to pass it along to tomorrow's leaders.

So pick his books apart, cover his numerouus awards with a dropcloth, but don't have preconceived notions based on rhetoric from political enemies. It's not fair.

Funny that nobody wants to send the liberals money. Perhaps the scandals and corruption have something to do with it.

Why would people send money to the Liberals because 65 corrupt Conservative MPs created a scandal by trying to defraud taxpayers and claim credits they weren't entitled to? Although, maybe if it means getting rid of 65 corrupt Conservative MPs who created a scandal by trying to defraud taxpayers and claim credits they weren't entitled to, I should send them more. Where's my chequebook?

Thanks.

"In other words 52% of all the donations whose date we can ascertain from the party's 4th quarter return, were made on or after December 9, 2008, the date on which Michael Ignatieff's ascension to the interim leadership of the Liberal Party became evident. Hence, the "Ignatieff effect".

It will be interesting to see the next quarter, which is coming up soon. However, when Canadians are feeling the effect of the economy, I'm not sure that higher political donations will endear them to anyone. I'm impressed that most of my correspondence from the Liberals does not include a request for money, and they now take donations as low as $ 5.00; appreciating that people can't afford a 25, or 50 dollar minimum.

They've started a new approach and it may take a while to see if it works. My friends can't believe I'm donating money to a political party, so if I can be inspired by a soft sell and not turned off by a hard sell, who knows?

Right now our focus should be elsewhere and so should their's.

How much of that money will the Liberals use to retire their debt? Have they paid back the $1.4 million they decided they owed the Canadian people for Adscam, out of the $200 million plus that the Party stole? And is nobody tossing a few crumbs to all those leadership candidates who still owe big bucks?

Has anybody canvassed the Quebec ad agency industry, they must surely be eternally grateful......

How much of that money will the Liberals use to retire their debt? Have they paid back the $1.4 million they decided they owed the Canadian people for Adscam, out of the $200 million plus that the Party stole? And is nobody tossing a few crumbs to all those leadership candidates who still owe big bucks?

Has anybody canvassed the Quebec ad agency industry, they must surely be eternally grateful......

I believe this guy is doing it right now.....

http://blog.macleans.ca/2009/02/25/look-wh...k-in-the-party/

Beryl Wajsman is many things to many people: well-connected gadfly,

To the Liberal Party of Canada, he was persona non grata, one of 10 people “banned for life” by former prime minister Paul Martin for being linked to the sponsorship scandal. It may seem strange, then, that Wajsman is once again in the party, as an organizer charged with bringing a variety of social groups and unions back into the Liberal fold. He has even consulted on policy issues and speechwriting for Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff.

Banned for life.... I like that. At least Ignatieff has laid out how he is going swoon quebec.

I believe this guy is doing it right now.....

http://blog.macleans.ca/2009/02/25/look-wh...k-in-the-party/

Beryl Wajsman is many things to many people: well-connected gadfly,

Banned for life.... I like that. At least Ignatieff has laid out how he is going swoon quebec.

the "banning" simply reflected 2 at odds factions, one of which... it is said... used the events to push out persons aligned - elsewhere. Since neither of the described faction "leaders" remain in the game and since Mr. Wajsman remains adamant he did nothing wrong and was never charged with any wrongdoing/crime.....

No party should banish a member for life...it would be fine if the liberals bannised those who were at the core of the sponsorship scandal - but they did not..the banned a couple of scapegoats for life --- and kept the bad boys as consultants. Smart move, to keep a couple of clever dudes about incase you want to do another sponsorish scandal - you would have expert cover up artists to quel the next potential scandal.

:ph34r:

Who lifted the Ban?

Good question...it's like asking who was the actual person who arranged for the trade deal with Japan and Europe for automobiles..who is the actual person responsivble for the collapse of GM - where is this guy? I wanna know...he must exist - and so must the person who lifted the ban - it was one person and they should step out and explain themselves - after all they do work for us..and the people are the boss - that means you and I ----- so I'm waiting for an answer. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

http://www.hilltimes.com/html/index.php?di...blanks/&c=2

Notwithstanding Ignatieff's poll numbers, where he's seen as competent and popular, what our polling and focus group testing shows is that people really don't have a solid impression about him. They generally like the guy, but they don't really know anything about him. According to our polling, he's an unknown quantity in the eyes of Canadians. So, since people don't have a locked in, fixed impression about him, there's still a tremendous amount of opportunity to influence what people think about the guy," the Conservative source told The Hill Times in a not-for-attribution based interview last week.

Looks like mad dog sociopathic behaviour is going to be making a comeback this summer.

Meanwhile, Tory supporters are getting upset with Grit Girl's relentless Internet campaign and want her outed.

This time the Liberals might run more counter ads since they are very close to clearing their debt with money pouring in. It remains to be seen whether they will go negative or just feature ads that go the high road. My guess is that it will depend on the Tory campaign.

http://lfpress.ca/perl-bin/publish.cgi?x=a...&s=politics

The federal Liberal party is scooping up donations like a turbo-charged backhoe and its national director says it will soon clear its $2-million debt.

Rocco Rossi said yesterday the party likely will escape from the red in time for the Liberal biennial convention in Vancouver this month "or shortly thereafter."He also said first-quarter fundraising for 2009 was "significantly better" than the same period in 2008, though he could not provide numbers.

Edited by jdobbin

Must be a slow news day, the Hill times ran a very similar artical on march 16th yet no ads have materialized........

Probably because they didn't want to let Ignatieff to question Harper on the ads in the House of Commons. They want them in the summer when they are on break.

I'm dying to see what they've dug up on the Convenient Canadian. Let `er rip folks.

When the election happens it should be one of the most interesting ones in decades.

And I'm sure that they'll let it rip against Harper as well.

This is going to be a tar and feather, hyperpartisan, nasty as all get out fight that will see the loser having no choice but to leave Canada.

Harper seems to be already testing the foreign employment waters.

I'm dying to see what they've dug up on the Convenient Canadian. Let `er rip folks.

When the election happens it should be one of the most interesting ones in decades.

I don't think the 'Convenient Canadian" thing is going to be a winner... but you are quite right, it should be very interesting.