Conservative attack ads

Huh? The Liberals successfully bad mouthed the Conservatives for years using the *scary scary* strategy, even though they hadn't done anything under Harper since they were never in power. It worked and kept them out of power until finally when the Liberal regime sank under its own weight.

Which reminds me, was it the Liberals that floated that attack ad concerning soldiers in the streets of Canada if Harper became PM?

The Liberals are so bereft of ideas they are reduced to attacking the Conservatives for employing their own successful tactics. Too bad the Liberals can't afford them anymore.

Yes, they were Liberal attack ads.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Liberals are so bereft of ideas they are reduced to attacking the Conservatives for employing their own successful tactics. Too bad the Liberals can't afford them anymore.

LOL I suspect they are so broke they shall have to raid grave yards for campaigners, really who'd want to go door to door representing the Liberal Party of Canada? Double YUCKYYYYYYYYYY.

Try getting your facts right to start with.

Here is the web site for Colin Carrie. Conservative MP for the Federal riding of Oshawa.

Next question?

Umm Oshawa to Hamilton. Did I say inclusive?

See two can play your games.

Hamilton has some NDP and Oshawa has CPC. Great, how many millions in between that arent. The gist being, ignoring the masses can become a problem and if ignored much longer the electorate will remember.

Stevey's supposed to be an economic wiz, but seems he wants to ignore where most of his money comes from.

Thats fine, let him.

Harper is often his own worst enemy when he puts on the bully-boy tactics.

Your use of the margrace quote in this post is not from this thread or this topic. Your singleminded focus at bashing the Tories on each and every thread is predictible, but at least confine your quoting to posts from the thread you are commenting on.

The margrace quote seems incorrect, incidentally, since women were fine with the Liberal's attack ads on Harper and were sucked in by them for a few years. Liberal fans may not like attack ads aimed at the LPC, but it's just tough noogies. If ever there was a time to expose the LPC, it's now under Dion.

Your use of the margrace quote in this post is not from this thread or this topic. Your singleminded focus at bashing the Tories on each and every thread is predictible, but at least confine your quoting to posts from the thread you are commenting on.

The margrace quote seems incorrect, incidentally, since women were fine with the Liberal's attack ads on Harper and were sucked in by them for a few years. Liberal fans may not like attack ads aimed at the LPC, but it's just tough noogies. If ever there was a time to expose the LPC, it's now under Dion.

It is from this thread and it is on this topic. Please look before you bash.

As for the Conservative ad campaign: this is the fifth ad run. The results of the four previous ones has been a continuation of 36% in the polls.

It is from this thread and it is on this topic. Please look before you bash.

As for the Conservative ad campaign: this is the fifth ad run. The results of the four previous ones has been a continuation of 36% in the polls.

My mistake, I missed that post for some reason. Explain how I bashed you, my comment on your Tory phobia is quite accurate.

You are impatient, dobbin. Only five ads have run, weaning Canadians from the Liberal government takes time. Already they are up in the polls to 40%.

You are impatient, dobbin. Only five ads have run, weaning Canadians from the Liberal government takes time. Already they are up in the polls to 40%.

The last poll from Ipsos had them at 39%. The last poll from Decima had them at 33%. Average it out and they are where they usually are in over two years.

Edited by jdobbin

Hmm, that's funny, for a while there you were repeating in every thread (even ones in US politics) how the Tories were at 31%, tied with the Liberals in whatever poll it was. You repeated yourself so much we didn't even have to read you, and now you say 36% is where they usually are? :lol: :lol: Get your story straight.

Hmm, that's funny, for a while there you were repeating in every thread (even ones in US politics) how the Tories were at 31%, tied with the Liberals in whatever poll it was. You repeated yourself so much we didn't even have to read you, and now you say 36% is where they usually are? :lol: :lol: Get your story straight.

I think you had better re-read the political polls thread. I made those comments when the Tories were indeed in the low 30s. The links to the polls all in those threads. You'll have to show me where I posted a Canadian political poll in a U.S. thread.

The 36% average for the polls means that half the polls have been over that number and half below. In the spring of 2007, most of the polls were below 36%. In October of 2007, half the polls are over 36% and half below. I just gave you an example of two polls, Decima and Ipsos. Average between the two is 36%.

I think you had better re-read the political polls thread. I made those comments when the Tories were indeed in the low 30s. The links to the polls all in those threads. You'll have to show me where I posted a Canadian political poll in a U.S. thread.

The 36% average for the polls means that half the polls have been over that number and half below. In the spring of 2007, most of the polls were below 36%. In October of 2007, half the polls are over 36% and half below. I just gave you an example of two polls, Decima and Ipsos. Average between the two is 36%.

I must have blinked and missed it,....what was that percent again?

I must have blinked and missed it,....what was that percent again?

The only way our resident fact misrepresentor came to that was by adding in the polls pre-mini budget.

If you look at the last three polls, four polls or five polls released the Conservatives average results are all higher than the mythical 36% figure. Only one of the last five polls has the Conservatives below 36%. Three of the six have them in majority territory, i.e. 39% or higher.

They were all released from October 18th or later.

Here's the link.

About a third of the way down the page.

Edited by Michael Bluth

Yes,the last two.....the two that gives Dion's popularity in comparison to Harper, and the Liberal's standings compared to the Conservative's.

The last two polls from Decima and Ipsos were on overall political support.

Ipsos on the 1st has the Tories at 39% and the Decima on the 29th had the Tories at 33%. The Liberals were at 28 and 29% respectively. The overall polls for October have been 36% for the Tories.

I've posted all the polls except for one that I wasn't able to get a link for.

Edited by jdobbin

Ipsos on the 1st has the Tories at 39% and the Decima on the 29th had the Tories at 33%. The Liberals were at 28 and 29% respectively. The overall polls for October have been 36% for the Tories.

I've posted all the poll except for one that I wasn't able to get a link for.

Again, misrepresenting the effects of the mini-budget.

Interesting how the link summarizing the polls I provided has links for all of the polls released in 2007 yet somebody wasn't able to find a link for a phantom poll. :rolleyes:

Edited by Michael Bluth

The only way our resident fact misrepresentor came to that was by adding in the polls pre-mini budget.

If you look at the last three polls, four polls or five polls released the Conservatives average results are all higher than the mythical 36% figure. Only one of the last five polls has the Conservatives below 36%. Three of the six have them in majority territory, i.e. 39% or higher.

They were all released from October 18th or later.

Here's the link.

About a third of the way down the page.

There is no way you can get 36% out of your link's data, unless you cherry pick. Four of the results are 39% and above.

There is no way you can get 36% out of your link's data, unless you cherry pick. Four of the results are 39% and above.

And there is no way you get over 36% unless you arbitrarily take your data from October 18 on. That's cherry picking. Even going back one day to October 17 lowers it back into the 36% range.

Certainly two post mini-budget polls have the Tories back at 36%.

Ah, but time will tell the tale. After they've been around 40% for 3 more months, will you go back another 3 months in your poll data to ensure you can keep them at 36%? Enquiring minds already know.

Yes indeed. I also find it quite interesting how somebody replies directly on point to the information I provided yet quotes you.

Is there something going on between you two that we don't know about sharkman? :lol:

During an election all gloves are off. I understand that. But this is not an election campaign. When have the Liberals ever ran a negative ad outside of an upcoming election?