Aristides

• Last visited

• Days Won

Aristides last won the day on February 25

Aristides had the most liked content!

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Aristides's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• One Year In
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Collaborator
  • First Post
  • Reacting Well Rare

Recent Badges

1. Canada needs a productivity commission like Australia and a government that listens.
  2. Well then, that would be rather stupid but it is not the crime Trump is accused of.
  3. So what. Property owners don’t do evaluations or set tax rates. Maybe look at the assessments and selling prices for comparable properties in that area before you accuse people of being criminals.
  4. I don't know what NY does but in BC, the province does the assessments and cities set the mil rate according to the tax revenues they need to generate to meet their budget. All the city cares about is how much tax it needs from a property, not its market value. If my place was taxed purely on its market value, my property taxes would have tripled in the 12 years I have owned it. They have gone up but nowhere near that much.
  5. What was the crime? I keep asking but you can't answer. The city or state sets the taxable value, not the owner. I'll ask again, should you go to jail if the province assesses the value of your property below market and you sell it for more than the assessed value? Right now, properties in my development are going for about $250K more than their assessed value. Should their owners go to jail when they sell for more? Mil rates are more important than assessed values. The assessed value can remain the same but the government just ups the mil rate to collect more tax. This saves the problem of doing continual assessments.
  6. Right, put someone in jail because they might know someone who might have done something and look for evidence later. And you complain about the way the truckers were treated. You're a joke.
  7. I don't know what caused it so it must be God. That's evidence? Ignorance is not evidence.
  8. What crime? Why should he go to jail? He isn't responsible for the assessment. Should you go to jail if the province assesses a property of yours below market value?
  9. With assessed values and selling prices so out of whack, questions should be asked about NY's assessment process but I don't see what that has to do with owners. Everyone would undervalue their property for tax purposes if they could and no one is going to turn down an offer that is more than its assessed value.
  10. In BC property tax assessments are based on the previous years sales of like properties in that neighbourhood and square footage. Owners have nothing to do with assessed values. Trumps fraud was that he inflated values to get loans. Where did Stewart do that?
  11. When Norway got its independence from Sweden they asked the brother of the King of Denmark to take the throne. When the Germans invaded Norway they pressed him to accept German rule like his brother. He refused and fled to Britain where he headed the government in exile and resistance to the German occupation. Just as the Dutch queen did when she and her family fled to Canada and set up a government in exile.
  12. Shelter costs should be included in regional inflation rates but not the national rate. Housing costs in Vancouver and Toronto will skew the national rate.
  13. Don't you think people should call places in Finland the same way as Finlanders call them?
  14. I think what is really strange is that some people think the stress over 7 billion people can put on the planet's resources can have no effect on its environment, including climate.
  15. It isn't out of context, it's what he said. So what if it was intended for his campaign. Your honour I can't pay this judgement because I planned to use the money for a new car. The reason there is a bond is to make sure the money gets paid if Trump loses the appeal.